Posts in Dirty Energy Money
- Despite the cynical and reactionary McCutcheon v. FEC Supreme Court decision, we'll keep our faith in the only force that has consistently rallied against greed throughout our nation's history - the American people.
- California Governor Jerry Brown is taking a hit today for his penchant for fracking and dirty energy donations with a new satirical online video launched by Oil Change International (OCI) and Heavy Crude Video. The video is the latest escalation of the Big Oil Brown campaign effort sponsored by OCI, pushing for a ban on fracking for oil and gas in the state.
- A new video parody, entitled “Frack Water”, portrays a Jerry Brown look-alike outside a southern California oil field accompanied by a California oil industry representative. It's the latest escalation in Oil Change International's "Big Oil Brown" campaign, pushing the governor to impose a ban on fracking for oil and gas in California.
- The oil and gas industry makes out particularly well in the budget deal, with the vast majority of its generous subsidies preserved under the new budget. Meanwhile, support for clean energy is on the chopping block.
- Alabama coal baron and conservative activist Shaun McCutcheon doesn’t feel that $123,200 buys him enough influence in DC. He wants a Citizens United 2.
- Fossil fuel companies operating in the U.S. and Canada made $271 billion dollars in profit in 2012, while continuing to receive billions in subsidies.
- The House Energy and Power Subcommittee will be holding a major hearing on climate change today that was bought and paid for by the fossil fuel industry.
- This past Spring the Obama Administration took an important (and little reported) step towards more aggressively addressing climate change. They increased the social cost of carbon.
- The 40 Senators voting against Gina McCarthy's nomination for EPA Administrator would have voted against anyone who would even consider measures that could affect the fossil fuel industry...thanks to $25 million in dirt energy money.
- New analysis by Oil Change International revealed today that the 8 Republican members of the Senate Environment and Public Works committee who boycotted a vote on the nomination of Gina McCarthy to lead the US Environmental Protection Agency have received over $5.2 million in campaign contributions from fossil fuel interests.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2825)
- Briefings (8)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (655)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (4)
- News (13)
- Press Releases (25)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (29)
- Research & Opinions (30)
- Resources (14)
- Separate Oil and State (123)
- Subsidy Spotlight (2)
- Websites (4)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Latin American oil Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War