Posts in Dirty Energy Money
- The endorsement granted to Big Oil companies by preeminent arts institutions allows them to whitewash their image.
- During today's Environment and Public Works Senate Hearing on rural climate impacts, Senator Inhofe made a statement that -- if it weren't so telling of the fundamental problems in Washington, D.C -- would by funny.
- On average, Senators voting against the moratorium have received nearly 3 times as much in Big Oil contributions than those voting for it.
- Last week the Chief Executive of Occidental Petroleum, a mega-fracker, told analysts and investors if “towns don’t want us there, we won’t be there.” What he failed to mention is that they’ve got the Governor in their pockets doing the dirty work for them.
- Senators cosponsoring the pro-Keystone XL bill introduced today have received roughly 5 times more in oil industry cash than those who remained off the bill.
- Polluting Our Democracy and Our Environment: Dirty Fuels Money in Politics Oil Change International and Sierra Club April 2014 A new report by Oil Change International and the Sierra Club, Polluting Our Democracy and Our Environment: Dirty Fuels Money in Politics, demonstrates the enormous amount of campaign finance contributions pouring into Congress by the...
Continue reading 'Polluting Our Democracy and Our Environment: Dirty Fuels Money in Politics'.
- This morning, Oil Change International Executive Director Steve Kretzmann joined Representative John Sarbanes (MD-3) and a coalition of environmental groups to endorse the Government by the People Act (H.R. 20), a legislative proposal to enact a system of public funding for elections that would take back influence in politics from big money donors and put...
Continue reading 'New Bill Aims to Tackle Dirty Money in Politics'.
- The State Department announced a delay in their Keystone XL review process today, as they wade through 2.5 million public comments, as well as work to get a handle on the fact that thanks to a Nebraska Supreme Court ruling, there is currently no legal route through Nebraska. This announcement is a good thing, from...
Continue reading 'Keystone XL announcement met with predictable oily response'.
- Despite the cynical and reactionary McCutcheon v. FEC Supreme Court decision, we'll keep our faith in the only force that has consistently rallied against greed throughout our nation's history - the American people.
- California Governor Jerry Brown is taking a hit today for his penchant for fracking and dirty energy donations with a new satirical online video launched by Oil Change International (OCI) and Heavy Crude Video. The video is the latest escalation of the Big Oil Brown campaign effort sponsored by OCI, pushing for a ban on fracking for oil and gas in the state.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2,924)
- Briefings (8)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (755)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (87)
- Press Releases (35)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (36)
- Research & Opinions (30)
- Resources (18)
- Separate Oil and State (128)
- Subsidy Spotlight (5)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Latin American oil Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War