Posts in Dirty Energy Money
- New technologies like fracking––along with government subsidies––have ushered in an energy boom reliant on extreme extraction methods to produce oil and natural gas. Now the Uinta Basin is ground zero for what threatens to become the next phase in extreme energy extraction: strip mining for tar sands and oil shale.
- Through public land leases, infrastructure subsidies, and some very expensive tax breaks, taxpayer money is supporting what could become one of the dirtiest, most destructive chapters in American energy history.
- Many people concerned about climate change may be focussed on the ongoing UN climate negotiations in Lima, but back home in the US it is business as usual for the oil and gas industry: they are secretly lobbying to delay action on climate and undermine America’s environmental protection laws.
- Where we played our game -- a game of communities rising up, of organizing, of using facts to guide us, of running straight at our progressive values and being unashamed of them -- we won. And those wins were beautiful.
- The endorsement granted to Big Oil companies by preeminent arts institutions allows them to whitewash their image.
- During today's Environment and Public Works Senate Hearing on rural climate impacts, Senator Inhofe made a statement that -- if it weren't so telling of the fundamental problems in Washington, D.C -- would by funny.
- On average, Senators voting against the moratorium have received nearly 3 times as much in Big Oil contributions than those voting for it.
- Last week the Chief Executive of Occidental Petroleum, a mega-fracker, told analysts and investors if “towns don’t want us there, we won’t be there.” What he failed to mention is that they’ve got the Governor in their pockets doing the dirty work for them.
- Senators cosponsoring the pro-Keystone XL bill introduced today have received roughly 5 times more in oil industry cash than those who remained off the bill.
- Polluting Our Democracy and Our Environment: Dirty Fuels Money in Politics Oil Change International and Sierra Club April 2014 A new report by Oil Change International and the Sierra Club, Polluting Our Democracy and Our Environment: Dirty Fuels Money in Politics, demonstrates the enormous amount of campaign finance contributions pouring into Congress by the...
Continue reading 'Polluting Our Democracy and Our Environment: Dirty Fuels Money in Politics'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2,958)
- Briefings (8)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (789)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (112)
- Press Releases (35)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (38)
- Research & Opinions (31)
- Resources (18)
- Separate Oil and State (130)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Latin American oil Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War