Posts in Deepwater Horizon
- As the fourth anniversary of BP’s devastating Deepwater Horizon spill nears, new research reveals that many species of wildlife are still struggling to recover.
- The fallout from the BP's Deepwater Horizon oil spill continues. The oil giant is attempting to force the US government to release evidence which BP says proves that the oil spill did much less damage than at first feared.
- Oil giant BP continues to be tormented by the legacy of the Deepwater Horizon disaster.
- Three years on, BP's spill is still having an devastating legacy in the Gulf
- BP could settle the Deepwater Horizon spill trial and offset a whopping $9 billion against it tax bill
- After months of delay, the trial of the century finally opened yesterday in New Orleans. Outside rows of protesters had banners with "Restore the Gulf", "#makeBPpay", and "Never Forget".
- Today, nearly three years after BP’s disastrous Deepwater Horizon spill, which claimed eleven lives and led to the largest oil spill in US history, the company is finally due in the dock.
- BP’s disastrous Deepwater Horizon spill in the Gulf of Mexico refuses to go away. The Daily Telegraph in the UK is reporting that BP is being sued for tens of millions of dollars in America US by institutional investors. The investors – the South Yorkshire Pensions Authority, Skandia Global Funds and GAM Fund Management –...
Continue reading 'BP sued “for hiding truth” over Deepwater'.
- Two leading oceanographers who worked on the impact of BP’s devastating Deepwater Horizon oil spill have accused BP of attacking academic freedom after the oil giant successfully subpoenaed thousands of confidential emails related to their research. The two scientists, Richard Camilli and Christopher Reddy, from the respected Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, have had to give...
Continue reading 'BP and the Attack on Academic Freedom'.
- As part of the build-up to the Olympics, Britain is hosting the World Shakespeare Festival, that kicked off on Monday which would have been the Bard’s 448th birthday. The Festival is being billed as the biggest ever festival to celebrate his work: production companies from around the world will perform a total of 70 plays,...
Continue reading 'BP or not BP?'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2825)
- Briefings (8)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (655)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (4)
- News (13)
- Press Releases (25)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (29)
- Research & Opinions (30)
- Resources (14)
- Separate Oil and State (123)
- Subsidy Spotlight (2)
- Websites (4)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Latin American oil Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War