Posts in Deepwater Horizon
- Yesterday over a hundred members and supporters of the UK-based art collective Liberate Tate carried out their latest art protest against the oil giant BP in the Tate Modern’s iconic Turbine Hall in London.
- Many visitors to the iconic British Museum in London got more than they bargained for on Sunday, when hundreds of protestors descended on the Museum to protest against BP's sponsorship of a major exhibition on Vikings.
- As the fourth anniversary of BP’s devastating Deepwater Horizon spill nears, new research reveals that many species of wildlife are still struggling to recover.
- The fallout from the BP's Deepwater Horizon oil spill continues. The oil giant is attempting to force the US government to release evidence which BP says proves that the oil spill did much less damage than at first feared.
- Oil giant BP continues to be tormented by the legacy of the Deepwater Horizon disaster.
- Three years on, BP's spill is still having an devastating legacy in the Gulf
- BP could settle the Deepwater Horizon spill trial and offset a whopping $9 billion against it tax bill
- After months of delay, the trial of the century finally opened yesterday in New Orleans. Outside rows of protesters had banners with "Restore the Gulf", "#makeBPpay", and "Never Forget".
- Today, nearly three years after BP’s disastrous Deepwater Horizon spill, which claimed eleven lives and led to the largest oil spill in US history, the company is finally due in the dock.
- BP’s disastrous Deepwater Horizon spill in the Gulf of Mexico refuses to go away. The Daily Telegraph in the UK is reporting that BP is being sued for tens of millions of dollars in America US by institutional investors. The investors – the South Yorkshire Pensions Authority, Skandia Global Funds and GAM Fund Management –...
Continue reading 'BP sued “for hiding truth” over Deepwater'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2,955)
- Briefings (8)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (786)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (110)
- Press Releases (35)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (38)
- Research & Opinions (31)
- Resources (18)
- Separate Oil and State (129)
- Subsidy Spotlight (5)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Latin American oil Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War