Posts in Crude by rail
- A proposed Bakken oil pipeline through New York State appears to be based on wishful thinking.
- Tesoro-Savage wants to build what would be largest oil by rail terminal in the country along the Columbia River, but we have the opportunity to stop them. And for me, this one's personal.
- Well we will have to wait for another day and another trial for an American jury to rule on the “necessity defence” for direct action to prevent climate change.
- History will be made later today in an unassuming grey court room in Snohomish county in Washington State, when five activists – known as the Delta 5 - who blocked an explosive crude by rail train last year, will argue that their actions were justified by the threat of climate change.
- The proposed crude-by-rail terminals in the Pacific Northwest would cause climate disaster
- Just a few days ago, Hurricane Patricia became the strongest hurricane ever measured as it made landfall on the western coast of Mexico. It hit as we approach the end of another year that is expected to break last year’s record as the hottest year of recorded temperatures. Climate change is here and now. And...
Continue reading 'Lockdown: the end of growth in the tar sands'.
- Today we’re releasing a new briefing, entitled “Lift the Ban, Cook the Climate: Why Eliminating the Crude Export Ban Fails the Climate Test,” detailing why Congress and the President should stand up to current efforts by the oil industry to eliminate the ban on crude oil exports.
- We all know a picture speaks a thousand words, but sometimes a video says even more. If you’re looking for one clip that shows a bit of the craziness of an energy policy pushing bomb trains, arctic drilling, and unchecked oil production all over our country while communities remain at risk and our climate continues to...
Continue reading 'What’s wrong with our energy policy in one short video'.
- The EIA's new crude-by-rail data confirms what we always knew. That Keystone XL cannot be replaced by rail and will have a serious climate impact.
- Despite the spate of recent crude by rail accidents, the oil industry is lobbying against new safety measures.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,194)
- Briefings (16)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (11)
- Factsheets (7)
- Featured (1,020)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (297)
- Newsletter (24)
- Press Releases (77)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (49)
- Research & Opinions (32)
- Resources (27)
- Separate Oil and State (138)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell tar sands US politics violence