Posts in Coal
- Later today the Trump Administration will propose ripping up climate legislation to save dirty coal jobs at the same time as California burns out of control from wildfires, made worse by climate change.
As Caribbean Scientists Call for Urgent Climate Action, Trump Nominates Coal Lobbyist for Top EPA JobAs scientists from the Caribbean call for urgent action on climate change, Trump nominates a known climate denier and coal lobbyist to help lead the EPA. The President was criticised for throwing paper towels on the island of Puerto Rico last week. But he is doing much worse. He is throwing away the island’s future.
- WARNING: Use of this outlook for decision-making may cause sea level rise, flooding, droughts, extreme weather, food shortages and ecosystem collapse. Accepting the conclusions of the latest energy outlook, released this month by the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) means also accepting certain climate catastrophe. As we have noted before, the EIA has made a routine...
Continue reading 'The Hazards of EIA Energy Forecasts'.
- Hundreds of Global Organisations Demand Supply-Side Action The Lofoten Declaration calls for a managed decline of the fossil fuel sector. For the text of the declaration and a full list of signatories, visit http://www.LofotenDeclaration.org. FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 7 SEPTEMBER 2017 Contact: Hannah McKinnon, hannah [at] priceofoil.org Over 220 organizations from 55 countries have released a...
Continue reading 'Countries Must Tackle Fossil Fuel Production to Meet Climate Goals'.
- It’s unfortunately fitting that Trump chose an oil refinery to stage his speech on ‘reforming’ the tax code. He’s railed against special interest loopholes, but Trump’s so-called energy dominance agenda relies on massive taxpayer handouts to oil, gas, and coal companies.
- Unprecedented and “never-before-seen” impacts of climate change are all around us. From Hurricanes’ Harvey and Irma to massive flooding in India, Bangladesh, and Nepal to forest fires burning through the west coast of North America – climate change is here and now, and it is catastrophic. Fortunately, unprecedented and never-before-seen climate policy is also starting...
Continue reading 'Vive la France!'.
- In a rambling, often incoherent speech, to his die-hard supporters in Phoenix on Tuesday night, President Trump boldly predicted that “clean coal” was back.
- Janet Redman, U.S. Policy Director at Oil Change International, responds to the late night release of the Department of Energy's long-anticipated study of the U.S. electricity grid.
- "I call them ‘the expendables'. These men were treated like collateral damage, and they fell between the cracks in this toxic place.”
- Yesterday, Sens. Whitehouse (D-RI), Heinrich (D-ND), Capito (R-WV) and Barrasso (R-WY) introduced the Carbon Capture Utilization and Storage Act, legislation to extend and more than double tax credits to fossil fuel companies for using climate pollution to extract more oil.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (2)
- Blog Posts (3,760)
- Briefings (43)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (16)
- Factsheets (14)
- Featured (1,565)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (8)
- Key Votes (5)
- Letters (5)
- Methodology (2)
- News (800)
- Newsletter (25)
- Press Releases (215)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (93)
- Research & Opinions (36)
- Resources (77)
- Separate Oil and State (145)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Supplemental Material (1)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Deepwater Horizon Donald Trump energy policy Energy Security extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills pipelines Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell subsidies tar sands US politics violence