Posts in Coal
- A petition calling for an end to fossil fuel leasing on public lands and waters has garnered more than 100,000 signatures on the White House’s “We the People” online platform, surpassing the threshold necessary to trigger an official response from the White House.
- Just last year, Canada’s Liberal Party campaigned on a promise to start winding down subsidies to fossil fuel producers. Now that they’ve been elected on that platform, Justin Trudeau’s government faces its first real test on fossil fuel subsidies in the 2016 budget that will be released next week. You can call on the government to...
Continue reading 'Ending Canada’s billions in fossil fuel subsidies'.
- If a climate test were to be applied to this bill, there’s little doubt it would fail.
- Every day, it seems, brings more bad news for the fossil fuel industry. The week started badly with the news that they US coal giant Arch Coal, which owns the world’s biggest coal-mining complex, was filing for bankruptcy.
- For decades the tranquil Kenyan island of Lamu has enchanted travellers to the country. The iconic old town, which is the oldest and best-preserved Swahili settlement in East Africa, is a maze of narrow alleyways and streets with stunning traditional architecture, which feels like you have been transported back in time.
- With less than one week before Paris climate talks, known officially as the 21st Conference of the Parties (COP21), the campaign group Corporate Accountability International has released a report exposing the “filthy” track record of some of the corporations sponsoring the talks.
- This year, G20 leaders reiterated their same tired commitment to end fossil fuel subsidies, for the seventh time in a row. It’s starting to ring hollow.
- Oil Change International and Overseas Development Institute released a new report today, ‘Empty Promises: G20 subsidies to oil, gas and coal production,' documenting government support from G20 countries to the fossil fuel industry.
- Empty promises: G20 subsidies to oil, gas and coal production November 2015 Oil Change International and Overseas Development Institute DOWNLOAD EXECUTIVE SUMMARY DOWNLOAD FULL REPORT COUNTRY STUDIES: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China , France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States Empty promises: Appendix 2 data...
Continue reading 'Empty promises: G20 subsidies to oil, gas and coal production'.
- Hidden Costs: Pollution from Coal Power Financed by OECD Countries November 2015 Oil Change International and WWF DOWNLOAD REPORT OECD countries support coal-fired power plants abroad by providing preferential financing through institutions called Export Credit Agencies (ECAs). These coal-fired power plants have significant costs, in the form damages to the health of local populations from air...
Continue reading 'Hidden Costs: Pollution from Coal Power Financed by OECD Countries'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,252)
- Briefings (18)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (11)
- Factsheets (9)
- Featured (1,071)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (342)
- Newsletter (24)
- Press Releases (86)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (55)
- Research & Opinions (32)
- Resources (29)
- Separate Oil and State (138)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell tar sands US politics violence