Posts in climate
- Exxon’s report, “Energy and Carbon - Managing the Risks" flatly states “we do not anticipate society being able to supplant traditional carbon- based forms of energy with other energy forms, such as renewables, to the extent needed to meet this carbon budget”. See Oil Change International Executive Director Stephen Kretzmann’s response.
- A new analysis published today by Oil Change International shows that eliminating existing regulations on crude oil exports could result in additional greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to 42 coal fired power plants.
- Instead of the rousing call to action on the greatest challenge of our generation that it could have been, what this speech will be remembered for is the President's defense of disastrous energy policy that is doomed to fail.
- The new IPCC report shows that we must keep roughly 80-to-95% of proven reserves of fossil fuels in the ground if we want a decent shot at avoiding catastrophe.
- FAIL: How the Keystone XL Tar Sands Pipeline Flunks the Climate Test The Obama administration’s decision on the proposed Keystone XL tar sands pipeline is a choice about our climate future. Tar sands are one of the most carbon polluting sources of oil on the planet, and limiting tar sands expansion is critical to fighting...
Continue reading 'FAIL: How the Keystone XL Tar Sands Pipeline Flunks the Climate Test'.
- Paying lip service to climate science and then running full speed ahead down the fossil fuel pathway to climate chaos is just another form of climate denial. We need our leaders to wake up and make some hard choices, commensurate with the difficult climate reality we face.
- Instead of confronting the climate crisis head on, President Obama and others promoting "All of the Above" have decided to include oil, gas, and coal development alongside solar and wind energy. Read more about the biggest offenses.
- It’s time to call it like it is: anyone who pushes an “All of the Above” energy strategy that would dig up more than a third of our current fossil fuel reserves is simply in denial about the realities of climate change.
- This weekend, thousands of community members, movement leaders, and allies marched to the Chevron refinery in Richmond, California. Our demands were simple: Stop polluting our community, wrecking our climate, and buying off our democracy.
- The 40 Senators voting against Gina McCarthy's nomination for EPA Administrator would have voted against anyone who would even consider measures that could affect the fossil fuel industry...thanks to $25 million in dirt energy money.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2,942)
- Briefings (8)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (773)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (101)
- Press Releases (35)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (37)
- Research & Opinions (31)
- Resources (18)
- Separate Oil and State (129)
- Subsidy Spotlight (5)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Latin American oil Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War