Posts in climate
- Being the generous souls that we are, we thought we’d save the industry a few million dollars and create a website that can generate their requisite KXL talking points for them! We are proud to introduce: BigOilTalkingPoints.com!
- Today’s failed vote is just another example of a corrupt Congress trying to please its Big Oil Benefactors. Nothing more, nothing less. Keystone XL backers continue to trot out the same tired talking points spoon-fed to them by the industry. Meanwhile the facts remain the same: Keystone XL fails the climate test and should be rejected.
- How BP's Outlook for Energy looks to the past not the future
- Aside from providing some entertainment, twitter fodder, and political theater...coming on the eve of the 5th anniversary of the dubious Citizens United Supreme Court decision, last night’s State of the Union speech showed us a few important things when it comes to climate and Washington, DC.
- The UN climate talks are nearing the final hours and one of the major sticking points is finance. Well, we're here to tell governments there's plenty of money available if they look in the right place.
- Exxon’s report, “Energy and Carbon - Managing the Risks" flatly states “we do not anticipate society being able to supplant traditional carbon- based forms of energy with other energy forms, such as renewables, to the extent needed to meet this carbon budget”. See Oil Change International Executive Director Stephen Kretzmann’s response.
- A new analysis published today by Oil Change International shows that eliminating existing regulations on crude oil exports could result in additional greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to 42 coal fired power plants.
- Instead of the rousing call to action on the greatest challenge of our generation that it could have been, what this speech will be remembered for is the President's defense of disastrous energy policy that is doomed to fail.
- The new IPCC report shows that we must keep roughly 80-to-95% of proven reserves of fossil fuels in the ground if we want a decent shot at avoiding catastrophe.
- FAIL: How the Keystone XL Tar Sands Pipeline Flunks the Climate Test The Obama administration’s decision on the proposed Keystone XL tar sands pipeline is a choice about our climate future. Tar sands are one of the most carbon polluting sources of oil on the planet, and limiting tar sands expansion is critical to fighting...
Continue reading 'FAIL: How the Keystone XL Tar Sands Pipeline Flunks the Climate Test'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,014)
- Briefings (10)
- Data Trends (2)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (837)
- Industry Analysis (1)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (150)
- Newsletter (3)
- Press Releases (44)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (38)
- Research & Opinions (31)
- Resources (18)
- Separate Oil and State (133)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War