Posts in climate
- The new IPCC report shows that we must keep roughly 80-to-95% of proven reserves of fossil fuels in the ground if we want a decent shot at avoiding catastrophe.
- FAIL: How the Keystone XL Tar Sands Pipeline Flunks the Climate Test The Obama administration’s decision on the proposed Keystone XL tar sands pipeline is a choice about our climate future. Tar sands are one of the most carbon polluting sources of oil on the planet, and limiting tar sands expansion is critical to fighting...
Continue reading 'FAIL: How the Keystone XL Tar Sands Pipeline Flunks the Climate Test'.
- Paying lip service to climate science and then running full speed ahead down the fossil fuel pathway to climate chaos is just another form of climate denial. We need our leaders to wake up and make some hard choices, commensurate with the difficult climate reality we face.
- Instead of confronting the climate crisis head on, President Obama and others promoting "All of the Above" have decided to include oil, gas, and coal development alongside solar and wind energy. Read more about the biggest offenses.
- It’s time to call it like it is: anyone who pushes an “All of the Above” energy strategy that would dig up more than a third of our current fossil fuel reserves is simply in denial about the realities of climate change.
- This weekend, thousands of community members, movement leaders, and allies marched to the Chevron refinery in Richmond, California. Our demands were simple: Stop polluting our community, wrecking our climate, and buying off our democracy.
- The 40 Senators voting against Gina McCarthy's nomination for EPA Administrator would have voted against anyone who would even consider measures that could affect the fossil fuel industry...thanks to $25 million in dirt energy money.
- Oil Change International applauds President Obama today for his show of leadership on climate change. By recognizing that “we can't just drill our way out of the energy and climate challenge that we face” the President has firmly put our nation’s commitment to our future and our children above the profits of the fossil fuel industry.
- Then you better start swimmin’ Or you’ll sink like a stone For the times they are a-changin’. – Bob Dylan After decades of campaign efforts to get the World Bank to stop investing in fossil fuels, it appears that the institution that was for many years the largest source of multilateral public support for the...
Continue reading 'World Bank starts swimmin’, but still might sink'.
- It’s a bleak and bloody political landscape this morning in Washington for anyone interested in progressive politics on climate and energy. The Democrats lost badly. It was the biggest switch of seats since 1948, so, it was a big, big election victory for the Republicans and the new kids on the block, the Tea Party....
Continue reading 'Two Small Bits Of Good News'.