Posts in climate sceptics
- The most authoritative report on climate change ever compiled, the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), is set to be published this week. Expect a massive backlash from sceptics and deniers.
- Greenpeace has just released a new report, Dealing in Doubt, which examines the 25 climate denial campaign by the fossil fuel industry and others.
- As Australia scorches under a record heatwave and the US records its hottest year ever, the climate deniers and oil industry carry on regardless.
- One of America’s top reporters who exposes the antics of the coal industry is being sued for libel by one of the largest independent coal barons. Ken Ward JR, who has been labelled as “one of the nation’s top coal reporters” by Columbia Journalism Review, is being sued by Murray Energy and its owner Bob...
Continue reading 'Big Coal Plays Dirty'.
- Good old Kert Davies. If you don’t know Kert he is the Research Director for Greenpeace US. I am sure Kert won’t mind me saying that he has a slightly unhealthy obsession with climate sceptics and those who push climate denial. He has had this obsession for a while. It was Kert who was behind...
Continue reading 'Romney Aide Linked to Climate Denial'.
- As I write, two million people remain without power in the eastern United States, two days after extreme electrical storms brought down power lines and trees. They are struggling to remain cool in 100 degree heat. In Kansas the New York Times reports this morning “For five days last week, a brutal heat wave here...
Continue reading 'Exxon: Climate Change “Overblown”'.
- Well the old adage is when you are in a hole, stop digging. Someone though has not told Joe Bast, the head of the Heartland Institute. Poor old Joe is feeling rather sorry that at his time of need his colleagues are deserting him. In a recent blog he criticises one such colleague saying that...
Continue reading 'Haemorrhaging Heartland Still in Denial'.
- Next week the cream of the world’s climate deniers will descend on Chicago for the Heartland Institute’s latest annual sceptic-fest. The headline for the conference is “Real Science, Real Choices.” That’s more fact-twisting propaganda from Heartland that has pushed climate denial for years. The Institute was hoping for a bumper conference that would help it...
Continue reading 'Eleven Donors Dump Heartland'.
- Last Friday, the long-standing climate denier think tank, the Heartland Institute ran an advert featuring the Unabomber on a billboard in Chicago that read “I still believe in Global Warming? Do you?” The Unabomber advert was going to be followed by images of Fidel Castro, Osama Bin Laden, and hostage-taker James J. Lee. According to...
Continue reading 'Sponsors Dump Heartland After Ad Backfires'.
- In the UK, David Cameron’s Conservative Government is still reeling from the “Cash for access” sting by the Sunday Times newspaper at the weekend where the Conservative co-party Treasurer, Peter Cruddas was caught promising access to the prime minister, including private dinners, in return for donations of over £250,000. In order to try and damage...
Continue reading 'Why Outing Climate Sceptic Funders Matters'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2806)
- Briefings (7)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (634)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (4)
- News (6)
- Press Releases (21)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (28)
- Research & Opinions (29)
- Resources (12)
- Separate Oil and State (123)
- Subsidy Spotlight (1)
- Websites (4)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Latin American oil Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War