Posts in Climate Change
- As much of the North American media focuses on the ongoing unprecedented flooding and relief efforts in Texas and now potentially Louisiana, another tragedy is unfolding, which is going largely unreported, in Asia.
- If we don't want this to become the new normal, and worse, we need to bring fossil fuel companies to justice, hold fossil fueled politicians accountable and move our economy, our country, and our world off of fossil fuels.
Nobel Peace Laureates call on Norwegian Leadership Candidates to End Fossil Fuel Exploration and ExpansionAugust 29, 2017 CONTACT: Rachel Vincent, Rvincent [at] nobelwomensinitiative.org, +1 613 569-8400 ext. 113 Five Nobel Peace Laureates have written to Norwegian Prime Ministerial candidates, Erna Solberg and Jonas Gahr Støre, calling for Norwegian climate leadership and an end to fossil fuel exploration and expansion. The letter, sent from the Nobel Women’s Initiative in advance...
Continue reading 'Nobel Peace Laureates call on Norwegian Leadership Candidates to End Fossil Fuel Exploration and Expansion'.
- Five Nobel Peace Laureates have called on Norwegian Prime Ministerial candidates to declare their intent to put an end to fossil fuel exploration and expansion. The letter, sent in advance of the country’s national elections in mid-September, is an appeal for climate leadership. But, they are also the world’s seventh largest exporter of emissions. Their...
Continue reading 'A Nobel Appeal to Norway'.
- As Trump’s presidency spirals like a toxic vortex from one crisis to another, and with the global news media reacting to one venomous tweet after another, it is easy to miss the slow assault against science and the environment that continues below the radar.
- “Trump has once again proved himself to be a reckless cynic doing the bidding of his billionaire developer friends. What he and his big business cronies call ‘streamlining,' Americans recognize as cutting corners and ramming dangerous projects down the throats of citizens voicing opposition."
- On Thursday, August 10th, in Lincoln, NE, activist groups delivered more than 460,000 public comments opposing the Keystone XL pipeline to the Nebraska Public Service Commission.
- Amidst the continued dire warnings about climate change, censored scientists and stranded assets, the oil industry keeps on doing what it does best: keeps on belligerently looking for more oil and gas
The Sky’s Limit Norway: Why Norway Should Lead the Way in a Managed Decline of Oil and Gas ExtractionA new study released by Oil Change International, examines the role of Norwegian oil and gas production in a Paris-aligned global carbon budget.
- The Trump Administration is getting more Orwellian by the day, but as fast as it tries to bury the truth about climate change, scientists are fighting back showing that they will not be silenced by the climate deniers in the White House.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (2)
- Blog Posts (3,565)
- Briefings (31)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (14)
- Factsheets (13)
- Featured (1,359)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (8)
- Key Votes (5)
- Methodology (2)
- News (611)
- Newsletter (24)
- Press Releases (161)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (77)
- Research & Opinions (36)
- Resources (55)
- Separate Oil and State (142)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell tar sands US politics violence