Posts in climate change impacts
- As Louisiana recovers from the worst flooding in the US since Hurricane Sandy, you would have thought that the chaos and lives lost in the flooding would force an immediate rethink from the Obama Administration regarding energy policy and our continued use of fossil fuels.
- The US state of Louisiana was under a state of emergency over the weekend with at least six people dead and 20,000 people rescued due to an "historic" flooding event affecting the state for the previous few days.
- As BP yet again sponsors different Olympic teams as well as the Paralympics, other athletes ask: “Is it right to steal the future of millions of people”
- In yet another landmark legal case, the world’s largest fossil fuel, cement and mining companies have been given 45 days to respond to a complaint that they have violated the human rights of millions of people living in the Philippines due to their emissions of greenhouse gases.
- So it’s official. Confirming what many people already suspected, especially in areas of the Middle East or the Horn of Africa, climate change can be a cause of conflict.
- As Washington and London swelter in the mid-Summer heat, it has been confirmed that our record breaking weather continues with June being the hottest ever on record.
- One of the last arguments used to by climate sceptics to try and argue that global warming is not happening has just been debunked by a new scientific study.
- In a year of climate records being broken on an almost weekly basis, the Arctic is breaking more than most and now could be stuck in a spiral of what is known as "Arctic amplification".
- Nearly every week a new record is being broken on climate. And now scientists are predicting that we could heat up the earth by a totally unsustainable 10C if all fossil fuels are burnt.
- Oh dear, BP. Last week was a lesson in how corporate sponsorship of the arts backfires badly.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,320)
- Briefings (18)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (13)
- Factsheets (9)
- Featured (1,132)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (395)
- Newsletter (24)
- Press Releases (99)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (59)
- Research & Opinions (32)
- Resources (32)
- Separate Oil and State (138)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell tar sands US politics violence