Posts in “Clean Coal”
- Donald Trump’s attempts to promote so called "false solutions" at the UN climate conference in Bonn backfired badly yesterday, with Michael Bloomberg, the former mayor of New York, arguing that “promoting coal at a climate summit is like promoting tobacco at a cancer summit.”
- Rick Perry tells an African Oil Conference: "it’s in fossil fuels that you will see real growth"
- In a rambling, often incoherent speech, to his die-hard supporters in Phoenix on Tuesday night, President Trump boldly predicted that “clean coal” was back.
- All the news reports this morning are that a deal at Copenhagen is dead. Barack Obama has said that we had run out of time to secure a deal in December. This will please the corporate lobbyists no end. The longer they can delay action on climate the better. But now Copenhagen’s iconic mermaid is...
Continue reading 'The Angry Mermaid Strikes Back'.
- At the end of the day energy comes down to economics. Drilling oil out of the deserts of the Middle East is inherently more profitable than boiling them out of Canadian boreal forest. Any deal at Copenhagen will hinge on how much the rich are prepared to pay the poor. There will be no clean...
Continue reading 'The “Corporate Killer” that is Nuclear Power'.
- A radical shake-up of Britain’s planning laws is going to be announced today which will make it easier for the government to fast-track or steam-roll large energy projects such as nuclear, gas or power stations or even wind turbines. In all the government will publish six “National Policy Statements” on energy this afternoon, including –...
Continue reading '“No Democratic Legitimacy” for New Nukes and Coal'.
- It’s turning into Astroturf August. Hot on the heels of the revelations about the fake oil industry PR campaign, comes the fake coal PR campaign. We knew that the fossil fuel industry would not give up without a fight, but we did not realise that had turned into such fossil fools, by have all their...
Continue reading '“We are seeing fraud-mongering on clean energy”'.
- After twelve years in power the British Labour government yesterday outlined what it has deemed a “low carbon transition plan”. Coopting language from the growing Transition Town movement is a crafty tactic by the British government that is promising to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 34% by 2020 with 80% cut by 2050. Let’s get...
Continue reading 'UK Outlines Flawed “Low Carbon Transition Plan”'.
- Despite the biting cold weather they came in their thousands, prepared to undertake the largest-ever act of civil disobedience on climate change in the US. They were wrapped up warm, but wore hard hats, boiler suits and face masks, they dressed as dirty chimneys, or were in their “Sunday Best”. There was a real festival...
Continue reading '“We don’t want the world to boil, no coal, no oil!”'.
- This one promises to be quite a fight. In the one corner stands the former US Vice President Al Gore and his Alliance for Climate Protection. In the other is current President Obama, riding high on a wave of popularity and public expectation. In the middle stands the concept of clean coal and the future...
Continue reading 'Its Gore Versus Obama Over Coal'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (2)
- Blog Posts (3,609)
- Briefings (37)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (14)
- Factsheets (14)
- Featured (1,413)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (8)
- Key Votes (5)
- Letters (2)
- Methodology (2)
- News (661)
- Newsletter (25)
- Press Releases (177)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (83)
- Research & Opinions (36)
- Resources (66)
- Separate Oil and State (143)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Supplemental Material (1)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Deepwater Horizon Donald Trump energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell subsidies tar sands US politics violence