Posts in BP
- The fallout from the BP's Deepwater Horizon oil spill continues. The oil giant is attempting to force the US government to release evidence which BP says proves that the oil spill did much less damage than at first feared.
- Today, the British Foreign Secretary William Hague is one of the first European politicians to visit Azerbaijan, a country with an appalling human rights record, since widely condemned Presidential elections.
- Yesterday the American Journal of Medicine published a new scientific study which found that the clean up workers from BP's Deepwater Horizon disaster are at risk of developing cancer, leukaemia and a host of other illnesses.
- Oil giant BP continues to be tormented by the legacy of the Deepwater Horizon disaster.
- Both BP and Shell’s cynical “reputation-cleansing” via sponsorship has once again been challenged by activists.
- Three years on, BP's spill is still having an devastating legacy in the Gulf
- BP could settle the Deepwater Horizon spill trial and offset a whopping $9 billion against it tax bill
- After months of delay, the trial of the century finally opened yesterday in New Orleans. Outside rows of protesters had banners with "Restore the Gulf", "#makeBPpay", and "Never Forget".
- Today, nearly three years after BP’s disastrous Deepwater Horizon spill, which claimed eleven lives and led to the largest oil spill in US history, the company is finally due in the dock.
- Over 3,000 people marched around the White House yesterday with a simple message for President Obama: Say no once and for all to the KXL.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2827)
- Briefings (8)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (656)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (4)
- News (14)
- Press Releases (26)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (29)
- Research & Opinions (30)
- Resources (14)
- Separate Oil and State (123)
- Subsidy Spotlight (2)
- Websites (4)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Latin American oil Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War