Posts in BP
- By Hannah McKinnon with contributions from Greg Muttit Would you take it seriously if tobacco companies announced that smoking trends weren’t expected to change much over the next 30 years? And imagine then, that this is what governments used to make tobacco policy: “Forecasts show that people aren’t going to quit smoking, steady rates of smoking...
Continue reading 'Forecasts of convenience: why is the fossil fuel industry mapping our energy future?'.
- There are two scandals going on in world sport right now: the one you have heard about and the one that you haven’t.
- As we mark 5 years since the start of the BP Gulf oil disaster, we stand with Gulf South Rising and all those resisting the industry. The Seas are Rising and So Are We.
- In the desperately dark days following BP’s Deepwater Horizon accident in April 2010, one of the issues that I highlighted on this blog was the dangers of BP’s chemical Corexit, which the oil giant was using to disperse the oil.
- How BP's Outlook for Energy looks to the past not the future
- Earlier this month, BP’s beleaguered Chief Executive Bob Dudley warned that the falling oil price had created a “raging gale” for the oil industry which could last for years.
- In the months that followed BP’s devastating Deepwater Horizon spill in the Gulf of Mexico in April 2010, one of the biggest mysteries was what happened to the 200 millions gallons of spewed black crude.
- I discovered recently that I was being spied on by BP.
- From tar sands refinery subsidies in Whiting, Indiana and cash-strapped Detroit to petcoke covering the neighborhoods of Southeast Chicago, this subsidy spotlight explores the human impact of government subsidies gone haywire.
- Yesterday over a hundred members and supporters of the UK-based art collective Liberate Tate carried out their latest art protest against the oil giant BP in the Tate Modern’s iconic Turbine Hall in London.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,069)
- Briefings (12)
- Data Trends (7)
- Energy Activism (7)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (891)
- Industry Analysis (8)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (194)
- Newsletter (15)
- Press Releases (54)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (41)
- Research & Opinions (31)
- Resources (21)
- Separate Oil and State (133)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War