Posts in big oil
- - By Greg Muttit and Hannah McKinnon Last week, six European oil companies declared their apparent conversion to the climate cause. To much fanfare, Shell, BP, Total, Eni, Statoil and BG committed to being part of a constructive solution on climate change, asked for a formal role in international climate negotiations, and called for governments...
Continue reading 'Kick Big Polluters out of the climate talks'.
- Despite receiving approval from the Obama Administration to drill in the Arctic, Shell's ambitions have been thrown into question by everyday people no longer standing idle while Big Oil tramples over local officials, ignores scientists, and propels our planet further towards the climate cliff.
- When oil prices crashed late last year, the high-cost and capital intensive tar sands sector took a hit. The industry had already been showing signs of weakness with underperforming stocks, project cancellations, and serious concerns about market access. But low oil prices have driven a whole new level of cost cutting and project delays.
- The fact that free trade advocates feel the need to short-circuit democracy in order to ensure their victory really says it all. We vigorously oppose granting fast track negotiating authority for these trade deals. The voice of the people is our last line of defense against Big Oil’s assault on our climate and our future. We will not be silenced.
- Forget Shell's takeover of BG - it's time for Big Oil to plan for managed decline
- David Koch, the climate change-denying billionaire, currently sits on the board of two of our nation’s largest and most respected natural history museums. This needs to change.
- Being the generous souls that we are, we thought we’d save the industry a few million dollars and create a website that can generate their requisite KXL talking points for them! We are proud to introduce: BigOilTalkingPoints.com!
- Today’s failed vote is just another example of a corrupt Congress trying to please its Big Oil Benefactors. Nothing more, nothing less. Keystone XL backers continue to trot out the same tired talking points spoon-fed to them by the industry. Meanwhile the facts remain the same: Keystone XL fails the climate test and should be rejected.
- Wonder why Keystone XL is the #1 priority for the new congress? You're not alone. The answer is money. Read our in-depth analysis.
- Aside from providing some entertainment, twitter fodder, and political theater...coming on the eve of the 5th anniversary of the dubious Citizens United Supreme Court decision, last night’s State of the Union speech showed us a few important things when it comes to climate and Washington, DC.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,065)
- Briefings (12)
- Data Trends (7)
- Energy Activism (7)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (887)
- Industry Analysis (5)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (191)
- Newsletter (12)
- Press Releases (54)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (41)
- Research & Opinions (31)
- Resources (21)
- Separate Oil and State (133)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War