Posts in Alternative energy
- The world’s first major tidal lagoon renewable energy scheme has moved a step closer after a Chinese construction company has been chosen to build the scheme in the UK.
- How BP's Outlook for Energy looks to the past not the future
- Last week we exposed ExxonMobil’s Outlook for Energy as a corporate fantasy rather than a forecast. ExxonMobil's head of public affairs called our work ill-informed and "odious" but chose not to answer our arguments...
- How about some good news for a change? The end of the dominance of the oil age could be sooner than you think.
- In the aftermath of the Fukushima nuclear disaster in Japan many commentators, including some leading environmentalists argued that despite the inherent risks of nuclear power, it was still a necessary evil in the battle about climate change. They joined other pro-nuclear voices that have been growing steadily over the last few years in arguing that...
Continue reading 'Who Needs Oil or Nukes Anyway?'.
- Three years ago during the last oil price hike when oil reached $150 a barrel, there were repeated calls for a concerted effort for the international community to finally wean itself off its chronic oil addiction. There were repeated calls that the combined financial crisis and energy crunch was a prefect reason to kick-start the...
Continue reading 'UK Gov: its “crazy” not to prepare a low-carbon future'.
- The knives are out. Well its more more like they are wielding axes or even chainsaws, as they pick up the pace in their attack on Obama’s budget proposals. Late last week, the House Appropriations Committee released a partial list of where it’s wants to find nearly $75 billion in cuts in federal spending cuts....
Continue reading 'Republicans Wield the Knife'.
- So its not only Obama’s war machine that is going green. So is the White House. In recent days some in the press have compared Obama to Jimmy Carter, saying their presidencies are similar in the way they failed to live up to expectations. But there is another way that Obama is replicating Carter –...
Continue reading 'Now Obama Turns the White House Green'.
- Yesterday, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon stressed the importance of making energy available to the poor as a foundation for combating poverty as world leaders gathered in New York this week at the Millennium Development Goal Summit. At a high-level event yesterday, the Secretary General said that it is lack of political will that is keeping...
Continue reading 'Universal energy access stressed at UN'.
- New research by the influential pollster Joel Benenson, who was the key strategist for Barack Obama during the 2008 election, shows that in the aftermath of the Gulf oil disaster, American voters “overwhelming support a comprehensive clean energy bill.” Nearly two thirds of Americans – some 61% of voters – now support a bill “that...
Continue reading 'Voters demand clean energy as Big Oil squabbles over spill'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,190)
- Briefings (16)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (9)
- Factsheets (7)
- Featured (1,017)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (295)
- Newsletter (24)
- Press Releases (75)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (49)
- Research & Opinions (32)
- Resources (27)
- Separate Oil and State (137)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell tar sands US politics violence