Posts in aircraft travel
- Activists from Black Lives Matter have shut down London’s City airport this morning in a protest about environmental racism and climate change and to protest against the UK's environmental impact on black people.
- At 9 AM tomorrow GMT, thirteen climate change activists will appear in court for sentencing for undertaking a non-violent protest in July last year at Heathrow against airport expansion.
- Later this month, a judge in the UK is set to jail 13 non-violent protesters who occupied one of the runways at London Heathrow in July last year.
- To anyone in North America, the Icelandic volcano fiasco must seem something of a distant story, unless you are trying to fly to Europe right now, when it will be a living hell. It is a hell being experienced by hundreds of thousands of people stuck abroad who are unable to get home from their...
Continue reading 'If one volcano can do this, what will peak oil do?'.
- All the news reports this morning are that a deal at Copenhagen is dead. Barack Obama has said that we had run out of time to secure a deal in December. This will please the corporate lobbyists no end. The longer they can delay action on climate the better. But now Copenhagen’s iconic mermaid is...
Continue reading 'The Angry Mermaid Strikes Back'.
- I don’t know how many G20 leaders will have time to read the FT website today, but they should. The paper’s editorial is nothing short of staggering. It starts by stating “As addictions go, the world’s addiction to fossil fuels is a killer.” Coming from the mouthpiece of one of the world’s financial capitals, which...
Continue reading 'FT: Ending subsidies is “An idea whose time has come”'.
- As bold PR moves go – and this is bold – amongst the politicians making promises today at the UN Climate Summit, the CEO of British Airways, Willie Walsh will make a dramatic pledge to cut global aviation emissions to 50 per cent of 2005 levels by 2050. Like a snake oil salesman bearing gifts...
Continue reading 'Airlines Preempt Copenhagen by Pledging to Halve CO2'.
- Why is the aviation industry been so untouchable when it comes to climate change? That is the question on many people’s lips as the British government prepares to cut carbon from pretty much every sector but aviation. The way aviation is treated may have something to do with the intricate links between the industry and...
Continue reading 'Aviation Emissions “Should be Capped at Copenhagen”'.
- After twelve years in power the British Labour government yesterday outlined what it has deemed a “low carbon transition plan”. Coopting language from the growing Transition Town movement is a crafty tactic by the British government that is promising to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 34% by 2020 with 80% cut by 2050. Let’s get...
Continue reading 'UK Outlines Flawed “Low Carbon Transition Plan”'.
- He is known as the “Prince of Darkness”, the ultimate spin doctor who has been at the heart of the New Labour project. And today Lord Mandelson came face to face with the reality of the British government’s pro-aviation expansion policy – literally. Mandelson was hit in the face with a cup of green slime...
Continue reading 'The Third Climate Protest of the Week….'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (1)
- Blog Posts (3,428)
- Briefings (23)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (13)
- Factsheets (12)
- Featured (1,229)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (7)
- Key Votes (5)
- Methodology (2)
- News (480)
- Newsletter (24)
- Press Releases (124)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (65)
- Research & Opinions (35)
- Resources (42)
- Separate Oil and State (141)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell tar sands US politics violence