Results for "spills"
Spills: “It’s a crime that has no forgiveness”">Outrage Over Peru Oil Spills: “It’s a crime that has no forgiveness”There is growing outrage over pollution of two important rivers after three oil spills in the Peruvian Amazon.
- Finally one of Canada’s leading independent tar sands producers has conceded that it is partly to blame for a series of leaks of bitumen in Alberta that have been going on for over a year.
- An analysis of oil spilled in the transportation process by Oil Change International using data from the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration Office reveals that the number of spills from crude by rail increased by almost 10 times from 2008-2013.
- In the raging Keystone XL debate in the US, there is an ongoing discussion as to whether it is better and safer to transport oil by rail or road. The State Department has argued that if the KXL pipeline does not go ahead, it will not stop the tar sands from being developed, as the...
Continue reading 'Two Spills in Two Days'.
- Just as BP slowly begins to rebuild its tarnished reputation, it has slipped up again. Not in a catastrophic company-threatening way like it did last year but a much smaller spill, this time in Alaska. Although the amount spilt – some 2,100 to 4,200 gallons of fluid – is infinitesimal compared to the Deepwater Horizon,...
Continue reading 'Two More Oil Spills…'.
Civil society to Justin Trudeau: “The time for investment in new fossil fuel infrastructure is over”With just over a week to go until the May 31 deadline set by Kinder Morgan for the Canadian Government to resolve all financial and political issues surrounding its highly controversial Trans Mountain pipeline, some 236 civil society groups from 44 countries have today written to Justin Trudeau to tell him to drop his support for the project.
- As the clock ticks down until the May 31 deadline over the controversial Kinder Morgan Trans Mountain pipeline project, which will triple the amount of tar sands being transported from Alberta to the British Columbian coast, the campaign against its expansion is spreading abroad.
- This month we took escalated our campaign and took the fight directly to US Bank’s Annual Shareholder Meeting in Albuquerque, where representatives from pipeline resistance groups from across the nation told their stories directly to US Bank executives.
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE April 16, 2018 US Commercial Banks In For a Spring of Fossil Fuel Resistance US commercial banks are gearing up for their annual general meetings, starting as early as this week, but they’re not alone in making plans for AGM season. A growing number of concerned communities and organizations are planning a...
Continue reading 'US Commercial Banks In For a Spring of Fossil Fuel Resistance'.
- You would have thought that having been responsible for the largest offshore oil spill in US history, the Deepwater Horizon, which spilled an estimated 4 million barrels of oil into the sea, and cost you $65 billion, that as a company you would see oil spills as something to be avoided.