Results for "All of the Above"
dramatically increase its ambition”">As Paris Agreement comes into force, “world must urgently and dramatically increase its ambition”First the good news. After decades of denial, delay and obfuscation by the fossil fuel industry, an historic agreement on climate change, which was first signed in Paris last year, enters into force today.
Another Side to the Story: A Look at Colorado’s Ballot Fight">Another Side to the Story: A Look at Colorado’s Ballot FightYesterday, news broke that the Colorado ballot initiatives on fracking failed. But that's only half the story – the other half is the multi-million dollar industry campaign meant to silence our people-powered movement.
- As climate action gains momentum, there is a growing call for proposed fossil fuel infrastructure and policies to be measured in terms of their role in a safe climate future -- in other words, a climate test. But what should they be tested against?
- Rather than promote the solar revolution in the US, the fossil fuel industry "is doing all that it can to stop its growth."
- Written anywhere but the Financial Times, an article on the future of the oil industry might just pass you by.
- The unimaginable happened last night in Alberta, Canada’s oil patch province. After decades of conservative rule, the left leaning New Democratic Party (NDP) swept the election, winning a decisive majority government. I think I speak for most Canadians when I say that if you had suggested that this was a possibility a year ago, or even...
Continue reading 'Political price tag: fossil fuel fall out in Alberta'.
Calls Upon President Obama to Save the Arctic, Protect Our Climate">Blunt New Ad Calls Upon President Obama to Save the Arctic, Protect Our ClimateIf Oil Companies Get Their Way, 18 Environmental, Native Rights Groups Warn of 75-percent chance of ‘Major’ Oil Spill, 100-percent Chance of ‘Climate Disruption’.
Annually in United States">Report: Fossil Fuel Production Subsidies Exceed $21 Billion Annually in United StatesA new report released today by Oil Change International exposes over $21 billion in fossil fuel production subsidies annually in the U.S. at the federal and state levels.
of Millions of Gallons of Radioactive Waste Water?">Fracking’s Conundrum: How to Dispose of Millions of Gallons of Radioactive Waste Water?As the debate on fracking heats up in the UK, politicians are keen to point out that the process is safe. The influential Conservative MP Peter Lilley appeared on TV the other night and arrogantly dismissed any concerns with fracking. “Any problems with the environment, safety and health can be satisfactorily managed”, he told the audience.
- Cometh the hour, the saying goes, cometh the man. But with just today and tomorrow to go in Copenhagen, the main man – the one who can make or break this Summit – President Obama, is not even here yet. After years of international meetings – from Bali to Bangkok to Bonn – Obama will...
Continue reading 'China: “Virtually no Possibility” of Climate Deal'.