Separate Oil and State
- The Senators who voted to confirm Rex Tillerson voted for climate denial and they will be judged by the voters for that. We will make sure the voters know. We will demand a Separation of Oil and State.
- Three words sum up Rex Tillerson’s performance yesterday in his confirmation hearing for Secretary of State: Unprepared. Unqualified. Unacceptable
- Rex Tillerson’s efforts to paint a picture of moderation amount to nothing more than a ruthless public relations campaign to curry favor in the media. Meanwhile he has pursued a reckless path of continued oil and gas development in order to continue making as much money as possible for himself and his company, regardless of the consequences.
- We’ve long known that the oil and gas industry was buying politicians. The latest expose from the New York Times confirms it once again, and this time it is frackers in the lead.
- If a climate test were to be applied to this bill, there’s little doubt it would fail.
- Keystone XL got rejected, the oil industry is sad, and they want you to make it up to them – to the tune of over $15 billion (yes, that’s billion, with a “b”). Late Wednesday, TransCanada, the company behind the Keystone XL pipeline, kicked off two legal challenges: one is a federal lawsuit claiming that...
Continue reading 'TransCanada Sues U.S. Taxpayers, Scores Oil Industry Own Goal'.
- Eliminating the crude export ban would not only hurt the many communities facing dangerous oil extraction in their backyards but also our climate, as the industry digs up unburnable oil at an even faster clip. The only beneficiaries of gutting this law are the Big Oil Executives seeking to pad their profits.
- Over the past week, virtually every article on the President’s trip to Alaska to highlight the impacts of climate change, has in the next breath mentioned the President’s approval of Shell’s arctic drilling. The allegation made vocally by the environmental community is that these two things are deeply contradictory, and blatantly hypocritical. It’s an allegation...
Continue reading 'A Convenient Lie: Why Fossil Fuel Supply Matters for the Climate'.
- Being the generous souls that we are, we thought we’d save the industry a few million dollars and create a website that can generate their requisite KXL talking points for them! We are proud to introduce: BigOilTalkingPoints.com!
- Today’s failed vote is just another example of a corrupt Congress trying to please its Big Oil Benefactors. Nothing more, nothing less. Keystone XL backers continue to trot out the same tired talking points spoon-fed to them by the industry. Meanwhile the facts remain the same: Keystone XL fails the climate test and should be rejected.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (1)
- Blog Posts (3,428)
- Briefings (23)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (13)
- Factsheets (12)
- Featured (1,229)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (7)
- Key Votes (5)
- Methodology (2)
- News (480)
- Newsletter (24)
- Press Releases (124)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (65)
- Research & Opinions (35)
- Resources (42)
- Separate Oil and State (141)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell tar sands US politics violence