- Dispelling myths about North Sea oil taxes, jobs, profits and climate
- New analysis released today at the COP21 climate negotiations reveals that G7 countries along with Australia spend 40 times more on support for fossil fuel production than they do in contributions to the Green Climate Fund.
- G20 country governments are providing $444 billion a year in subsidies for the production of fossil fuels. These governments are propping up the production of oil, gas and coal, most of which can never be used if the world is to avoid dangerous climate change, and undermining national climate commitments.
Tracking Emissions: The Climate Impact of the Proposed Crude-by-Rail Terminals in the Pacific NorthwestThe states of Washington and Oregon are facing a quadrupling of their crude-by-rail terminal capacity to over a million barrels a day. This report examines the impact that expansion will have on unlocking carbon and thereby exacerbating climate change.
- Hidden Costs: Pollution from Coal Power Financed by OECD Countries November 2015 Oil Change International and WWF DOWNLOAD REPORT OECD countries support coal-fired power plants abroad by providing preferential financing through institutions called Export Credit Agencies (ECAs). These coal-fired power plants have significant costs, in the form damages to the health of local populations from air...
Continue reading 'Hidden Costs: Pollution from Coal Power Financed by OECD Countries'.
- The pipelines exporting tar sands out of Alberta are almost full, according to new analysis by Oil Change International. Without major expansion-driving pipelines such as Energy East, Kinder Morgan or Keystone XL, there will be no room for further growth in tar sands extraction and tens of billions of metric tonnes of carbon will be kept in the ground.
- Oil Change International – October, 2015 Oil Change International joins hundreds of organizations worldwide that have written to the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) board calling on global reporting standards for extractive industries to include transparency from fossil fuel companies about the future viability of their oil, coal and gas projects in a warming world. Download the...
Continue reading 'Letter to The Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative calling for climate transparency'.
- The Cost of Subsidizing Fossil Fuel Production In Turkey: Why Turkey Should Implement the G20 Commitment To Phase Out Fossil Fuel Subsidies Oil Change International and 350.org September 2015 Market distorting subsidies to fossil fuels contribute to greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and impede the transition to sustainable, low-carbon development. In 2009, G-20 countries committed to phase out “inefficient” fossil fuel...
Continue reading 'The Cost of Subsidizing Fossil Fuel Production In Turkey'.
- Over the past week, virtually every article on the President’s trip to Alaska to highlight the impacts of climate change, has in the next breath mentioned the President’s approval of Shell’s arctic drilling. The allegation made vocally by the environmental community is that these two things are deeply contradictory, and blatantly hypocritical. It’s an allegation...
Continue reading 'A Convenient Lie: Why Fossil Fuel Supply Matters for the Climate'.
- Oil Change International and Greenpeace U.S. – August 2015 DOWNLOAD REPORT There is a clear logic that can be applied to the global challenge of addressing climate change: when you are in a hole, stop digging. If we are serious about tackling the global climate crisis, we need to stop exploring, expanding, and ultimately exploiting fossil...
Continue reading 'Untouchable: The Climate Case Against Arctic Drilling'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,339)
- Briefings (19)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (13)
- Factsheets (10)
- Featured (1,148)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (401)
- Newsletter (24)
- Press Releases (101)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (60)
- Research & Opinions (32)
- Resources (34)
- Separate Oil and State (138)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell tar sands US politics violence