Research & Opinions
- In 2009, President Obama made a commitment to reduce U.S. greenhouse gases by 17 percent by 2020. The Obama administration put this forward as the U.S. share of a global effort to limit climate change to no more than two degrees Celsius – the target scientists tell us may be safe. Achieving this target, which...
Continue reading 'Kerry’s State Department Ignored Obama’s Climate Action Plan'.
- Alabama coal baron and conservative activist Shaun McCutcheon doesn’t feel that $123,200 buys him enough influence in DC. He wants a Citizens United 2.
- What if you knew that smoking that one last packet of cigarettes was going to give you cancer? Imagine if our understanding of cancer was so precise as to allow doctors to predict with virtual certainty that smoking that particular pack, which you just picked up at the corner store, would definitely be the last...
Continue reading 'Oil’s new supply boom is a bust for the climate'.
- In our second review of progress in meeting this phase out commitment we conclude that the G20 effort is currently failing.
- Our latest report finds that global fossil fuel production and consumption subsidies are at least $775 billion annually and could be $1 trillion or even more. There is an urgent need for transparency in subsidy reporting.
- This report finds that Keystone XL would reduce gasoline supplies in America by diverting Canadian tar sands crude from the Midwest to the Gulf Coast, blowing apart the tar sands industry's claims that building the Keystone XL pipeline would lower gasoline prices in America.
- This briefing finds that the transport of tar sands oil through pipelines in the United States is exempt from payments into the Oil Spill Liability Trust Fund, which creates a free ride worth over $375 million to tar sands oil producers between 2010 and 2017.
- Members of Congress have taken almost $16 million from the oil, gas and coal industries so far in this 112th Congress. That puts this Congress on track to be the dirtiest ever. The information comes to light as part of the latest update of DirtyEnergyMoney.com, a project of Oil Change International which uniquely refines and...
Continue reading 'Dirty Energy Money pouring into Congress faster than ever before'.
- In the last quarter of 2011, the majority (51%) of the two prime transport fuels produced in Port Arthur and Houston area refineries went to export markets, including 73% of gasoline and 40% of diesel.
- with Steve Kretzmann Much is being written and said about rising gas prices, Obama’s energy policies in general and the Keystone XL pipeline in particular. While the President’s opponents repeat ad infinitum the “Drill Baby Drill” mantra, it has been interesting to note that much of the mainstream press has been skeptical. And so they...
Continue reading 'Rising gas prices, Keystone XL and the real solutions'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2806)
- Briefings (7)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (634)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (4)
- News (6)
- Press Releases (21)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (28)
- Research & Opinions (29)
- Resources (12)
- Separate Oil and State (123)
- Subsidy Spotlight (1)
- Websites (4)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Latin American oil Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War