- New research released today reveals disturbing new evidence on how locking-into new long-lived tar sands production undermines global efforts to address the global climate crisis far beyond Canada’s borders.
- Rex Tillerson seems determined to run US foreign policy like he ran Exxon: deny, evade, and even lie, in order to defend power and certainly without regard to any 'moral compass'.
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE January 10, 2017 Contact: Janet Redman, janet [at] priceofoil [dot] org David Turnbull, david [at] priceofoil [dot] org Study: U.S. Oil Industry Heavily Dependent on Government Handouts Almost Half of All U.S. Oil Production Subsidy Dependent Almost half of the oil production in the United States will depend on taxpayer handouts to make it...
Continue reading 'Study: U.S. Oil Industry Heavily Dependent on Government Handouts'.
- We congratulate President Obama for this historic action. As he knows, and as he stated when he rejected Keystone XL, ‘if we’re going to prevent large parts of this Earth from becoming not only inhospitable but uninhabitable in our lifetimes, we’re going to have to keep some fossil fuels in the ground.
- It’s clear that Rick Perry has no idea what the job of Energy Secretary entails, and frankly we hope it stays that way.
- “This incomplete climate plan is an admission by Prime Minister Trudeau that his dangerous approvals of the Kinder Morgan and Enbridge tar sands pipelines directly undermine Canada’s action on climate."
- With this nomination, Mr. Trump is doubling down on his dangerous climate denial and putting a booster of the fossil fuel industry at the top of an agency that should be focused on protecting Americans from environmental and health risks associated with our energy choices.
- First and foremost, this is an incredible victory for the Standing Rock Sioux tribe and the thousands of water protectors who joined them in bold resistance to the dangerous Dakota Access pipeline. We salute them for their leadership and thank them for the resolve that has brought us to this day.
RELEASE: Oil Change International reacts to approval of Kinder Morgan Trans Mountain Expansion and Enbridge Line 3 projectsBy approving these new pipelines, Prime Minister Trudeau has kicked the legs out from under Canada’s new climate change strategy. Canada has signaled to the world that it will fail to meet its Paris climate commitments.
- Today the Obama Administration once again demonstrated climate leadership by taking the Arctic Ocean off the table in its five-year offshore oil and gas drilling plan. The move was a logical next step from the exclusion of Atlantic waters announced earlier this year.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,405)
- Briefings (21)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (13)
- Factsheets (12)
- Featured (1,207)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (7)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (461)
- Newsletter (24)
- Press Releases (118)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (63)
- Research & Opinions (35)
- Resources (40)
- Separate Oil and State (140)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell tar sands US politics violence