- A Trump vs. the world showdown is brewing at this year’s G20 leaders’ summit, July 7 and 8 in Hamburg, Germany. After pulling the United States out of the Paris Agreement, Trump’s climate denial will likely take a beating from other G20 governments, who nearly all say they support strong climate action. An ugly diplomatic...
Continue reading 'To really hit Trump on climate change, other G20 leaders must end fossil fuel handouts'.
- As the G20 talks commence, the new international "Climate Pariah" Donald Trump is going to come under intense pressure from the G20 to reconsider pulling out of the Paris Climate agreement.
- Each year, G20 countries provide nearly four times more public finance to fossil fuels than to clean energy. In total, public fossil fuel financing from G20 countries averaged some $71.8 billion per year, for a total of $215.3 billion in sweetheart deals for oil, gas, and coal over the 2013-2015 timeframe covered by the report. Fifty percent of all G20 public finance for energy supported oil and gas production alone.
- Each year, G20 countries provide nearly four times more public finance to fossil fuels than to clean energy, according to a new report released today. In total, public fossil fuel financing from G20 countries averaged some $71.8 billion per year, for a total of $215.3 billion in sweetheart deals for oil, gas, and coal over the 2013-2015 timeframe covered by the report.
- Donald Trump and Scott Pruitt, head of the Environmental Protection Agency, will awake this morning to the realization that they cannot simply roll-back President Obama’s environmental regulations, like you would the lid on an old sardine tin.
- Sometimes the long, lonely struggle for justice does not take years, but decades. And at long last, four Nigerian women’s search for justice against Shell may be coming to an end.
- The 'energy dominance' tagline should be called out for what it is: another manifestation of the President’s misogynistic, hyper-masculine, abusive outlook on the world.
- The oil industry's own data shows that the tar sands are on the edge of decline – but the key question is if they will take everyone else down with them.
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE June 29, 2017 CONTACT Lorne Stockman, lorne [at] priceofoil.org, +1 540 679 1097 Adam Scott, adam [at] priceofoil.org, +1 416 347 3858 Data driven reality check points to end of growth in the tar sands. A new briefing released today points to a dramatic drop-off in investment in growth in the tar...
Continue reading 'RELEASE: Data driven reality check points to end of growth in the tar sands'.
- Never has the paradox been greater. Whilst the most powerful politician in the world is a climate denier, scientists are now warning that we have just three years to start making radical reductions to greenhouse gases.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (1)
- Blog Posts (3,527)
- Briefings (30)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (14)
- Factsheets (13)
- Featured (1,319)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (8)
- Key Votes (5)
- Methodology (2)
- News (571)
- Newsletter (24)
- Press Releases (148)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (75)
- Research & Opinions (36)
- Resources (52)
- Separate Oil and State (142)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell tar sands US politics violence