- It’s unfortunately fitting that Trump chose an oil refinery to stage his speech on ‘reforming’ the tax code. He’s railed against special interest loopholes, but Trump’s so-called energy dominance agenda relies on massive taxpayer handouts to oil, gas, and coal companies.
- The fracking industry is facing mounting opposition in Australia.
- Unprecedented and “never-before-seen” impacts of climate change are all around us. From Hurricanes’ Harvey and Irma to massive flooding in India, Bangladesh, and Nepal to forest fires burning through the west coast of North America – climate change is here and now, and it is catastrophic. Fortunately, unprecedented and never-before-seen climate policy is also starting...
Continue reading 'Vive la France!'.
- It is a cruel, shortsighted, and disastrous decision that further exposes this administration’s true colors of white supremacy, bigotry and xenophobia.
- After Superstorm Harvey comes Hurricane Irma, which surged into a dangerous Category Four storm yesterday, with winds of up to 150 miles an hour.
- Yesterday, the Governor of Texas warned that the bill for reconstruction after Superstorm Harvey could be as high as $180 billion.
- As much of the North American media focuses on the ongoing unprecedented flooding and relief efforts in Texas and now potentially Louisiana, another tragedy is unfolding, which is going largely unreported, in Asia.
- If we don't want this to become the new normal, and worse, we need to bring fossil fuel companies to justice, hold fossil fueled politicians accountable and move our economy, our country, and our world off of fossil fuels.
- Five Nobel Peace Laureates have called on Norwegian Prime Ministerial candidates to declare their intent to put an end to fossil fuel exploration and expansion. The letter, sent in advance of the country’s national elections in mid-September, is an appeal for climate leadership. But, they are also the world’s seventh largest exporter of emissions. Their...
Continue reading 'A Nobel Appeal to Norway'.
- We stand with the communities in the Gulf in their daily push back against the dirty oil and gas industry, and our hearts are with them particularly in these days of acute threats to their lives, homes, and communities.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (2)
- Blog Posts (3,565)
- Briefings (31)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (14)
- Factsheets (13)
- Featured (1,359)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (8)
- Key Votes (5)
- Methodology (2)
- News (611)
- Newsletter (24)
- Press Releases (161)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (77)
- Research & Opinions (36)
- Resources (55)
- Separate Oil and State (142)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell tar sands US politics violence