- Forget Shell's takeover of BG - it's time for Big Oil to plan for managed decline
- Today, Oil Change International’s Executive Director Stephen Kretzmann is appearing before the House of Representatives’ Committee on Foreign Affairs’ Subcommittee on Terrorism, Nonproliferation, and Trade, regarding the crude oil export ban. Read the full testimony here or below: Kretzmann Testimony – Crude Export Ban
- The global oil price rose slightly this morning on the back of the news from the US government that US shale oil output is expected to fall for the first time in four years.
- Mind the gap: Shell’s inadequate Arctic spill plan There are some things that are simply irreconcilable. And as hard as Big Oil and politicians try, they never will be. Take for instance climate action and arctic oil. Secretary Jewell at the Department of the Interior is in the final phases of considering Shell’s proposal to...
Continue reading 'Mind the gap: Shell’s inadequate Arctic spill plan'.
- Nigeria lost one of its most iconic, out-spoken and passionate advocates for social and environmental justice last week with the cruelly early death of Oronto Douglas at the age of forty eight.
- In the desperately dark days following BP’s Deepwater Horizon accident in April 2010, one of the issues that I highlighted on this blog was the dangers of BP’s chemical Corexit, which the oil giant was using to disperse the oil.
- When Californian Governor Jerry Brown announced wide ranging water restrictions for California last week, the news went global.
- David Koch, the climate change-denying billionaire, currently sits on the board of two of our nation’s largest and most respected natural history museums. This needs to change.
- The Obama administration’s inconsistent approach to climate change was laid bare again last night after the US Interior Department reconfirmed Shell’s controversial lease sale in the Chukchi Sea off Alaska.
- Despite the spate of recent crude by rail accidents, the oil industry is lobbying against new safety measures.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,024)
- Briefings (11)
- Data Trends (4)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (846)
- Industry Analysis (2)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (157)
- Newsletter (6)
- Press Releases (46)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (39)
- Research & Opinions (31)
- Resources (19)
- Separate Oil and State (133)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War