- Every day the low oil price is causing more pain for the oil and gas industry and no company or region is immune from the damage being caused.
- Later this month, a judge in the UK is set to jail 13 non-violent protesters who occupied one of the runways at London Heathrow in July last year.
- Oil giant BP sent shock-waves through the industry this morning with what has been described as a “jaw-dropping” loss.
- Last week, the British Prime Minster, David Cameron, flew to Aberdeen, the oil capital of the UK to announce £250 million emergency funding to “prop up the North Sea oil industry”; which is reeling badly from the low oil price.
- There are many ways you can question the logic of the British Government’s pro-fracking push.
- If a climate test were to be applied to this bill, there’s little doubt it would fail.
- The winds of change have been blowing in Canada over the past year – with new governments, new promises, and a renewed sense of urgency – the momentum for ambitious climate action seems to be growing again. In an open letter sent today to Prime Minister Trudeau and Canadian Premiers (leaders of the provinces and...
Continue reading 'Seizing Canada’s chance to lead'.
- Living close to a shale gas well affects the price of your house, according to new research published in the American Economic Review, one of the country’s oldest and most respected economic journals.
- Exxon is out with its annual forecast for a world dominated by fossil fuels and thrown into climate chaos. Why are we not surprised?
- A proposed Bakken oil pipeline through New York State appears to be based on wishful thinking.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,190)
- Briefings (16)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (9)
- Factsheets (7)
- Featured (1,017)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (295)
- Newsletter (24)
- Press Releases (75)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (49)
- Research & Opinions (32)
- Resources (27)
- Separate Oil and State (137)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell tar sands US politics violence