- Yesterday, in a moment described as void of “drama or fanfare,” he vetoed legislation which would have forced approval of the controversial Keystone XL pipeline, which would carry dirty tar sands oil Alberta to the Gulf Coast.
- In a sign that the oil price plunge is really beginning to bite, yesterday oil giant Royal Dutch Shell announced that the company is indefinitely postponing plans to develop a new tar sands mine in northern Alberta.
- IHS published today a predictable and hollow attempt to rebut much of our work on Keystone XL’s links to markets beyond North America and the ability of rail to replace the pipeline.
- For nearly two decades avid researcher, Kert Davies, has been hunting climate deniers and exposing their links to the fossil fuel industry.
- How BP's Outlook for Energy looks to the past not the future
- As so often in the past, where the tobacco industry leads, the oil industry follows.
- A state of emergency was declared late yesterday in two counties in the south of West Virginia after a crude by rail train oil derailed and exploded, in what is the latest in a long string of accidents in North America.
- Earlier this month, BP’s beleaguered Chief Executive Bob Dudley warned that the falling oil price had created a “raging gale” for the oil industry which could last for years.
- One of the great debates about fracking is whether it heralds a great new chapter in the age of oil or whether it is a small blip in the dying days of the fossil fuel era.
- The oil industry often prides itself in pushing the boundaries of technology. The whole fracking revolution has been driven by the industry pioneering new techniques to exploit oil and gas that was previously out of reach.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2,997)
- Briefings (9)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (821)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (138)
- Press Releases (42)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (38)
- Research & Opinions (31)
- Resources (17)
- Separate Oil and State (131)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War