- The Trump Administration and Republican assault on science reached a new level last night when in a narrow vote the Senate voted to approve the climate denier, Jim Bridenstine, for the post of NASA administrator.
- As Big Oil’s new poster boy, Canadian Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, scrabbles around for investors for Kinder Morgan’s Trans Mountain pipeline, extra finance may not be enough to save the controversial pipeline.
- The abuses, risks and climate pollution of the Atlantic Coast Pipeline have a clear set of financiers, led by the nation's largest commercial bank, Bank of America.
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE April 16, 2018 US Commercial Banks In For a Spring of Fossil Fuel Resistance US commercial banks are gearing up for their annual general meetings, starting as early as this week, but they’re not alone in making plans for AGM season. A growing number of concerned communities and organizations are planning a...
Continue reading 'US Commercial Banks In For a Spring of Fossil Fuel Resistance'.
- As the world tries to wean itself off its oil addiction, one nation walks the other way. As many countries try and stop fossil fuel subsidies, one country is scrabbling around to secure finance for a dirty energy pipeline.
- Two leading political figures from the US and Canada, who have boasted about the need to fight climate change are now under fire for being climate change hypocrites: saying they care about the climate, but allowing drilling and fossil fuel infrastructure to be built anyway.
- New Zealand joins the growing club of first movers tackling fossil fuel production! Who will be next? New Zealand joined a growing list of countries yesterday in announcing an end to fossil fuel exploration for the sake of the climate: Costa Rica, Ireland, France, and Belize are all working on plans to manage the decline of...
Continue reading 'Ready, set, go!'.
- Empty Promise: US Bank Continues Pipeline Finance Published by Oil Change International in partnership with Indigenous Environmental Network, Earthworks, Greenpeace, MN 350, and Rainforest Action Network, April 12, 2018 Download the briefing Following waves of pressure over the controversial Dakota Access Pipeline (DAPL), US Bancorp (US Bank) CEO Andrew Cecere won praise from Indigenous rights and...
Continue reading 'Empty Promise: US Bank Continues Pipeline Finance'.
RELEASE: US Bank Raises $2 Billion in Oil and Gas Pipeline Finance Since Pledge to Stop Pipeline FinancingFOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE April 12, 2018 US Bank Raises $2 Billion in Oil and Gas Pipeline Finance Since Pledge to Stop Pipeline Financing Since revising its environmental policy last year, US Bank financed more than $2 billion to companies building oil and gas pipelines, including an estimated $480 million to Energy Transfer Partners, new analysis...
Continue reading 'RELEASE: US Bank Raises $2 Billion in Oil and Gas Pipeline Finance Since Pledge to Stop Pipeline Financing'.
- On Sunday, Kinder Morgan sent shock waves across Canada and the oil industry when it announced it was “suspending all non-essential activities and related spending on the Trans Mountain Expansion Project”, until at least the end of May.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (2)
- Blog Posts (3,700)
- Briefings (42)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (14)
- Factsheets (14)
- Featured (1,506)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (8)
- Key Votes (5)
- Letters (3)
- Methodology (2)
- News (745)
- Newsletter (25)
- Press Releases (202)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (88)
- Research & Opinions (36)
- Resources (70)
- Separate Oil and State (143)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Supplemental Material (1)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Deepwater Horizon Donald Trump energy policy Energy Security extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills pipelines Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell subsidies tar sands US politics violence