- It could all be over before it even began. The boom could turn to bust before a well is even drilled. The British fracking industry now faces growing resistance from numerous influential voices.
- What does the death of Saudi King Abdullah mean for the climate?
- Wonder why Keystone XL is the #1 priority for the new congress? You're not alone. The answer is money. Read our in-depth analysis.
- Aside from providing some entertainment, twitter fodder, and political theater...coming on the eve of the 5th anniversary of the dubious Citizens United Supreme Court decision, last night’s State of the Union speech showed us a few important things when it comes to climate and Washington, DC.
- As Americans listen to their President tonight give his sixth annual State of the Union address, many people will be eagerly awaiting to see if he says anything about what has become one of the biggest political headaches of his Administration: the controversial Keystone XL (KXL) pipeline which will transport dirty tar sands from Canada to the US.
- It is hard to believe but it is nearly five years since BP’s reckless behaviour caused arguably America’s worst environmental disaster.
- The tar sands industry lists market access as the number one threat to its future in a recent industry survey.
- Just how low can the oil price go? What was unthinkable even a few months ago is now becoming distinctly probable, even likely. As analysts dissect the ramifications for the oil industry of $40 dollar barrel, oil traders are now thinking that the price of crude will halve that to a staggering $20 a barrel. Prices have not been that low for twenty years.
- It is a majestic world heritage site located on the west coast of Newfoundland, which is seen as one of the jewels in Canada’s crown. But it could be under threat from the controversial technique of fracking in the future.
- Later today the Senate floor is expected to vote on the controversial Keystone XL pipeline, although currently Senators do not have enough votes to override Obama’s promised presidential veto on the issue.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2,977)
- Briefings (8)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (804)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (122)
- Press Releases (38)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (38)
- Research & Opinions (31)
- Resources (18)
- Separate Oil and State (131)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Latin American oil Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War