- With every passing day the downside of America’s burgeoning fracking boom becomes apparent. The industry has done much to portray fracked gas as a clean fuel. But its dirty secrets are slowly and painfully being revealed.
- New scientific research has been published which torpedoes the idea that shale gas should be seen as a clean bridging fuel.
- The World Bank should prioritize energy access by redirecting energy financing away from large fossil fuel projects toward decentralized renewables.
- For 25 years ExxonMobil has been at the forefront of a climate denial campaign, essentially telling the world to "Drop Dead" for more than a quarter of a century
- World Bank Group finance for projects that included fossil fuel exploration was highest in FY2013, at nearly $1 billion out of $2.7 billion total for fossil fuel projects in 2013.
- As the fourth anniversary of BP’s devastating Deepwater Horizon spill nears, new research reveals that many species of wildlife are still struggling to recover.
- An influential Senator yesterday accused oil companies of prevaricating over providing data to American regulators about the safety of crude by rail trains.
- Despite the cynical and reactionary McCutcheon v. FEC Supreme Court decision, we'll keep our faith in the only force that has consistently rallied against greed throughout our nation's history - the American people.
- In a landmark report to Alberta’s energy regulator, a panel of experts has concluded that odours from a controversial tar sands processing plant are linked to human health impacts.
- Exxon’s report, “Energy and Carbon - Managing the Risks" flatly states “we do not anticipate society being able to supplant traditional carbon- based forms of energy with other energy forms, such as renewables, to the extent needed to meet this carbon budget”. See Oil Change International Executive Director Stephen Kretzmann’s response.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2825)
- Briefings (8)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (655)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (4)
- News (13)
- Press Releases (25)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (29)
- Research & Opinions (30)
- Resources (14)
- Separate Oil and State (123)
- Subsidy Spotlight (2)
- Websites (4)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Latin American oil Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War