- One thing is already clear tonight: the movement to stand up against Big Oil, dirty tar sands, and disastrous pipeline projects is strong, determined, and beautiful.
- Despite overwhelming community resistance and evidence of groundwater pollution, the shale gas revolution continues apace. “In the middle of the last decade”, writes Ed Crooks in today’s special report on energy in the Financial Times, “it looked as if the end of the Oil Age was in sight in the Americas. Not imminently, perhaps, but...
Continue reading 'Shale Gas Revolution Goes Global'.
- Our government should not be under the influence of Big Oil. The greatest barriers to clean energy are political, not technical—and these barriers are largely fueled by the oil industry. We know that in order to achieve a clean energy future, we have to expose and eradicate the political influence of the oil industry; we...
Continue reading 'Separate Oil and State'.
- Every year, billions of our tax dollars are given away to Big Oil and Coal. Estimates of the value of US federal subsidies to the domestic oil industry alone (not coal) range from roughly $6 billion to an amazing $39 billion annually. Billions more US federal dollars each year go to “oil aid” – money...
Continue reading 'Shift Subsidies'.
- We don’t like oil, but that doesn’t mean we want people to live in the dark. Around the world, one out of every five people doesn’t have electricity in their homes. Almost two out of every five rely on wood or other biomass for cooking or heating. Achieving universal energy access is an ambitious goal,...
Continue reading 'Support Energy Access'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2,870)
- Briefings (8)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (700)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (47)
- Press Releases (31)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (32)
- Research & Opinions (30)
- Resources (17)
- Separate Oil and State (128)
- Subsidy Spotlight (2)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Latin American oil Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War