- With the climate crisis advancing at an ever-quickening pace, an immediate step toward the solution should be to stop funding fossils. This bill helps to do just that.
- We’ve long known that the oil and gas industry was buying politicians. The latest expose from the New York Times confirms it once again, and this time it is frackers in the lead.
- While a reasonable new fee on oil to fund much needed transportation improvements may be a bridge too far for those who take their marching orders from Big Oil, we hope Congress might finally consider eliminating wasteful government spending in the form of fossil fuel subsidies at the very least.
- Today, the Obama Administration released a fact sheet describing a new initiative included in the President’s upcoming budget proposal, which will include a new fee paid by oil companies along with increased investments in new transportation options. Read more for Oil Change International's response.
- If a climate test were to be applied to this bill, there’s little doubt it would fail.
- We all know a picture speaks a thousand words, but sometimes a video says even more. If you’re looking for one clip that shows a bit of the craziness of an energy policy pushing bomb trains, arctic drilling, and unchecked oil production all over our country while communities remain at risk and our climate continues to...
Continue reading 'What’s wrong with our energy policy in one short video'.
- As we mark 5 years since the start of the BP Gulf oil disaster, we stand with Gulf South Rising and all those resisting the industry. The Seas are Rising and So Are We.
- One thing is already clear tonight: the movement to stand up against Big Oil, dirty tar sands, and disastrous pipeline projects is strong, determined, and beautiful.
- Despite overwhelming community resistance and evidence of groundwater pollution, the shale gas revolution continues apace. “In the middle of the last decade”, writes Ed Crooks in today’s special report on energy in the Financial Times, “it looked as if the end of the Oil Age was in sight in the Americas. Not imminently, perhaps, but...
Continue reading 'Shale Gas Revolution Goes Global'.
- Our government should not be under the influence of Big Oil. The greatest barriers to clean energy are political, not technical—and these barriers are largely fueled by the oil industry. We know that in order to achieve a clean energy future, we have to expose and eradicate the political influence of the oil industry; we...
Continue reading 'Separate Oil and State'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,288)
- Briefings (18)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (12)
- Factsheets (9)
- Featured (1,098)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (370)
- Newsletter (24)
- Press Releases (93)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (58)
- Research & Opinions (32)
- Resources (31)
- Separate Oil and State (138)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell tar sands US politics violence