- These are dizzying days. Our best advice is to stay woke, and pay attention. As we prepare for a day that will revolve around Trump’s Rose Garden speech to Make America Guzzle&Gush Again, it is worth taking a moment to focus on the amazing events in the background over the last few days: Kinder Morgan’s...
Continue reading 'When will Exxon will be worthless? Not if.'.
- The White House just released an important document today: the final version of guidance for considering climate impacts within the NEPA process. While this document is merely guidance and “not a rule or regulation,” the updated version marks some important shifts in aligning our energy policy with our climate goals.
- With the climate crisis advancing at an ever-quickening pace, an immediate step toward the solution should be to stop funding fossils. This bill helps to do just that.
- We’ve long known that the oil and gas industry was buying politicians. The latest expose from the New York Times confirms it once again, and this time it is frackers in the lead.
- While a reasonable new fee on oil to fund much needed transportation improvements may be a bridge too far for those who take their marching orders from Big Oil, we hope Congress might finally consider eliminating wasteful government spending in the form of fossil fuel subsidies at the very least.
- Today, the Obama Administration released a fact sheet describing a new initiative included in the President’s upcoming budget proposal, which will include a new fee paid by oil companies along with increased investments in new transportation options. Read more for Oil Change International's response.
- If a climate test were to be applied to this bill, there’s little doubt it would fail.
- We all know a picture speaks a thousand words, but sometimes a video says even more. If you’re looking for one clip that shows a bit of the craziness of an energy policy pushing bomb trains, arctic drilling, and unchecked oil production all over our country while communities remain at risk and our climate continues to...
Continue reading 'What’s wrong with our energy policy in one short video'.
- As we mark 5 years since the start of the BP Gulf oil disaster, we stand with Gulf South Rising and all those resisting the industry. The Seas are Rising and So Are We.
- One thing is already clear tonight: the movement to stand up against Big Oil, dirty tar sands, and disastrous pipeline projects is strong, determined, and beautiful.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (2)
- Blog Posts (3,542)
- Briefings (31)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (14)
- Factsheets (13)
- Featured (1,336)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (8)
- Key Votes (5)
- Methodology (2)
- News (589)
- Newsletter (24)
- Press Releases (153)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (75)
- Research & Opinions (36)
- Resources (54)
- Separate Oil and State (142)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell tar sands US politics violence