- After that paranoid, delusional babble in the Koch-sponsored Rose Garden last week, Trump has united and energized the global climate movement like never before. The critical question is this: How do we build more political power, and how do we win?
- There is a growing political scandal in Virginia regarding the ubiquitous influence of the state’s largest energy company, Dominion Energy, and it’s raising fundamental questions about the integrity of the governor’s office and state regulators who will decide the fate of the proposed Atlantic Coast Pipeline.
- As controversy swirls around a string of spills and air and water violations caused by Energy Transfer Partners’ construction of the Rover gas pipeline, a study released today underlines another reason federal regulators should halt the project: It will fuel a massive increase in climate pollution.
- It was meant to be Donald Trump’s greatest triumph. Yet it will prove his greatest failure. It was meant to send a strong powerful message to his supporters at home. But it backfired at home and abroad and left the President more isolated than ever before.
- These are dizzying days. Our best advice is to stay woke, and pay attention. As we prepare for a day that will revolve around Trump’s Rose Garden speech to Make America Guzzle&Gush Again, it is worth taking a moment to focus on the amazing events in the background over the last few days: Kinder Morgan’s...
Continue reading 'When will Exxon will be worthless? Not if.'.
- As Donald Trump appears poised to pull the U.S. out of the Paris Climate Agreement and further entrench the power of the fossil fuel industry within our federal government, state and local action on climate becomes ever more crucial.
- America First? Trump just put America Last in the coming clean energy economy. So ends the so-called ‘American century’ of leadership. The decision to withdraw from the Paris Climate Agreement will go down in history as one of the most short-sighted, destructive, and malicious decisions of any American President ever.
- As the world waits for Donald Trump to make a decision on whether he will pull the US out of the UN Paris climate agreement, the Financial Times asks a simple question: “Might the world be better off if the US simply left?”
- There are reports that Trump has already made up his mind to pull out of the UN Paris climate agreement
RELEASE: Oil Change International responds to G7 failure on fossil fuel subsidies, G6 recommitment to Paris AgreementFOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE May 27, 2017 CONTACT: Alex Doukas, alex [AT] priceofoil.org Reaction: G7 leaders cave in the face of fossil fuel cronyism, fail to recommit to ending fossil fuel subsidies by 2025 In response to the G7 Leaders’ Communiqué released today, where world leaders failed to reaffirm their commitment to phase out fossil fuel subsidies...
Continue reading 'RELEASE: Oil Change International responds to G7 failure on fossil fuel subsidies, G6 recommitment to Paris Agreement'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (1)
- Blog Posts (3,505)
- Briefings (28)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (14)
- Factsheets (12)
- Featured (1,302)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (8)
- Key Votes (5)
- Methodology (2)
- News (554)
- Newsletter (24)
- Press Releases (142)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (73)
- Research & Opinions (36)
- Resources (49)
- Separate Oil and State (142)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell tar sands US politics violence