- David Koch, the climate change-denying billionaire, currently sits on the board of two of our nation’s largest and most respected natural history museums. This needs to change.
- The Obama administration’s inconsistent approach to climate change was laid bare again last night after the US Interior Department reconfirmed Shell’s controversial lease sale in the Chukchi Sea off Alaska.
- Despite the spate of recent crude by rail accidents, the oil industry is lobbying against new safety measures.
- Back in January, the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) released the 2017-2022 Oil and Gas Leasing Program, its proposed 5-year plan for offshore U.S. oil and gas development that includes ten potential lease sales in the Gulf of Mexico, three in the Alaskan Arctic, and one in the Atlantic.
- As world leaders converged on the Swiss town of Lausanne over the weekend, their historic deliberations about Iran’s nuclear programme were said to have reached the “end-game” before the deadline at the end of the month.
- Royal Dutch Shell is pinning a lot of hope (and even more money) on the U.S. Arctic Ocean becoming its next major oil find. Despite a number of years of failed attempts, embarrassing accidents, and failed safety tests – Shell hopes to head back to the Chukchi Sea off the Alaskan coast this summer. Arctic...
Continue reading 'To the ends of the earth: Shell’s plan to risk it all'.
- For the sake of a mere 4% of total petroleum passing through the United States, we say stop the trains now, protect North America’s communities and build an energy system that protects the climate and our citizens from a reckless oil industry.
- TransCanada's proposed Energy East tar sands pipeline faces massive opposition in Canada. A large demonstration is planned in Quebec City on April 11th.
- Resource sovereignty, OPEC and climate change: implications for Ecuador in the struggle to protect biodiversity and indigenous rights in Yasuni National Park
- Oil companies demanded tax breaks in UK Budget, despite their eye-watering profit levels - OCI/Plaform analysis. UPDATED with the Budget announcement
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,027)
- Briefings (11)
- Data Trends (4)
- Energy Activism (6)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (849)
- Industry Analysis (2)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (159)
- Newsletter (6)
- Press Releases (46)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (39)
- Research & Opinions (31)
- Resources (19)
- Separate Oil and State (133)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War