- A political show-down is now inevitable after the Senate yesterday passed a Bill to force approval of the politically toxic Keystone XL pipeline. In doing so, they have set up an bruising political clash with President Obama who is almost certain to veto the Bill. As Obama decides what to do, there will be many...
Continue reading '“Shameful” Senate Passes KXL Bill'.
- The Senate has voted to approve Keystone XL, and has chosen to once again side with Big Oil's money over our climate and our future.
- Royal Dutch Shell presented its 2014 earnings report today and commented on what is ahead for it in 2015. With results that were lower than expected and “disappointing” according to analysts, Shell was quick to point out the measures taken to cut costs and its serious commitment to ‘efficient use of capital’. It didn’t take...
Continue reading 'Shell’s quest for unburnable carbon'.
- The world is in a very big hole with climate change and when you're in a hole the first order of business should be to stop digging. Unfortunately, the Administration's Five Year Plan amounts to climate denial.
- It could all be over before it even began. The boom could turn to bust before a well is even drilled. The British fracking industry now faces growing resistance from numerous influential voices.
- What does the death of Saudi King Abdullah mean for the climate?
- Wonder why Keystone XL is the #1 priority for the new congress? You're not alone. The answer is money. Read our in-depth analysis.
- Aside from providing some entertainment, twitter fodder, and political theater...coming on the eve of the 5th anniversary of the dubious Citizens United Supreme Court decision, last night’s State of the Union speech showed us a few important things when it comes to climate and Washington, DC.
- As Americans listen to their President tonight give his sixth annual State of the Union address, many people will be eagerly awaiting to see if he says anything about what has become one of the biggest political headaches of his Administration: the controversial Keystone XL (KXL) pipeline which will transport dirty tar sands from Canada to the US.
- 2014: Oil lows and temperature highs. Scientists confirmed a couple of days ago that 2014 was the hottest year ever recorded, adding itself as one of the 14 hottest years on record, 13 of which have happened in the 21st century. If the coffin of climate change denial has space for any more nails, perhaps...
Continue reading 'Soaring temperatures and plummeting oil'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2,980)
- Briefings (8)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (805)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (124)
- Press Releases (39)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (38)
- Research & Opinions (31)
- Resources (18)
- Separate Oil and State (131)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Latin American oil Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War