- The President was right on Keystone XL being an export pipeline. The Washington Post Fact Checker got it wrong.
- In the end the vote was agonisingly close, but Big Oil’s buddies in the Senate fell at the final hurdle in their attempt to approve the controversial Keystone XL pipeline.
- Later today we could see a vote in the Senate, tabled by Louisiana Democratic Senator Mary Landrieu, which could authorize the construction of the controversial Keystone XL pipeline, although President Obama could still veto the decision.
- It is billed as Europe’s Number 1 shale gas conference. Next week, over 500 people will descend on Poland for the 5th annual “Shale Gas World Europe” conference.
- One step forward - two steps back or two steps forward one step back? It’s been a topsy turvy couple of weeks as far as the climate is concerned. We have had the Republicans gaining control of both sides of the House and Obama pulling a climate rabbit out of the hat with the US-China deal.
- A new report by the Overseas Development Institute and Oil Change International has found that governments are still spending a whopping $88 billion every year supporting fossil fuel exploration.
- Today is the nineteen anniversary of the muder of the writer, Ken Saro-Wiwa, by the Nigerian junta for his campaign against the oil giant Shell.
- A graphic published today by Oil Change International shows the carbon left in the ground in cancelled tar sands projects and the potential impact of continued action to stop tar sands pipelines.
- When legendary guitarist Jimi Hendrix wrote the song “Castles Made of Sand,” the critics argued that the sand metaphor symbolised “the temporary nature of existence” ” and “how nothing can be taken for granted”.
- Where we played our game -- a game of communities rising up, of organizing, of using facts to guide us, of running straight at our progressive values and being unashamed of them -- we won. And those wins were beautiful.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2,938)
- Briefings (8)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (769)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (97)
- Press Releases (35)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (37)
- Research & Opinions (31)
- Resources (18)
- Separate Oil and State (129)
- Subsidy Spotlight (5)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Latin American oil Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War