- This morning, Oil Change International Executive Director Steve Kretzmann joined Representative John Sarbanes (MD-3) and a coalition of environmental groups to endorse the Government by the People Act (H.R. 20), a legislative proposal to enact a system of public funding for elections that would take back influence in politics from big money donors and put...
Continue reading 'New Bill Aims to Tackle Dirty Money in Politics'.
- It was not a normal day in DC. But then it was Earth Day. But even for a day that celebrates our relationship with our fragile planet, this was something special. It was unique.
- Today, over 30 groups from around the world, including Oil Change International, sent an open letter to Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe ahead of his meeting with U.S. President Barack Obama on April 24th urging Japan to follow the United States and other countries' pledges to stop financing coal overseas.
- This week a unique gathering will take place in Washington which people are urged to participate in to show their opposition to the controversial Keystone XL pipeline.
- The State Department announced a delay in their Keystone XL review process today, as they wade through 2.5 million public comments, as well as work to get a handle on the fact that thanks to a Nebraska Supreme Court ruling, there is currently no legal route through Nebraska. This announcement is a good thing, from...
Continue reading 'Keystone XL announcement met with predictable oily response'.
- Despite the industry’s multi-million dollar effort to distort the facts, the truth remains that Keystone XL would promote the increased production of the dirtiest oil on the planet
- With every passing day the downside of America’s burgeoning fracking boom becomes apparent. The industry has done much to portray fracked gas as a clean fuel. But its dirty secrets are slowly and painfully being revealed.
- New scientific research has been published which torpedoes the idea that shale gas should be seen as a clean bridging fuel.
- The World Bank should prioritize energy access by redirecting energy financing away from large fossil fuel projects toward decentralized renewables.
- For 25 years ExxonMobil has been at the forefront of a climate denial campaign, essentially telling the world to "Drop Dead" for more than a quarter of a century
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (2831)
- Briefings (8)
- Energy Activism (5)
- Factsheets (4)
- Featured (660)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (4)
- News (16)
- Press Releases (26)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (30)
- Research & Opinions (30)
- Resources (15)
- Separate Oil and State (123)
- Subsidy Spotlight (2)
- Websites (4)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Latin American oil Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shell tar sands US politics violence War