- “Call the White House. Tell them this is unacceptable!!” someone tweeted yesterday, as people watched in horror as heavily armoured Police and law enforcement agencies moved to clear the water protectors in North Dakota fighting to stop the Dakota Access Pipeline.
- Post by Mika Minio-Paluello, first published by Platform The UK government is pushing a massive new offshore drilling programme, that will take the UK beyond its climate limits. Oil companies had until 2pm Wednesday to bid for 1200 blocks covering large swathes of the sea off North-west and North-east Scotland and England. There is no space in the atmosphere for the...
Continue reading 'New UK Oil Drilling Round Could Bust Us Through Climate Limits'.
- Earlier this week it was announced that we had entered a new era of “climate change reality”, with scientists warning that carbon dioxide has permanently passed the symbolic threshold of 400 ppm.
- It is sixty years ago this year that the oil giant, Shell, first found oil at Oloibiri in Ijawland in the Niger Delta, after fourteen years of searching.
- The news from earlier this week that Ken Wiwa, the son of the Nigerian activist and writer Ken Saro-Wiwa, has died at the young age of forty seven, is a devastating shock to anyone who knew him.
- BP was responsible for Deepwater Horizon, a disaster that killed 11 people and caused one of worst oil spills ever – and then they made us foot the bill.
- Canada does not need new pipelines, in spite of repeated misleading claims by the oil industry. That’s the conclusion of a new Oil Change International (OCI) analysis showing that Canada has ample pipeline Capacity to export all existing and under construction oil production to market from western Canada.
- Yesterday, a North Dakota judge today refused to authorize riot charges against the award-winning journalist from Democracy Now! Amy Goodman for her reporting on protests against the Dakota Access Pipeline.
- Later today, the award-winning journalist and host of Democracy Now!, Amy Goodman will walk into a law enforcement office in North Dakota and hand herself over to the authorities. She stands accused of participating in a “riot”.
- People power stopped Keystone XL in its tracks. Now we're seeing human resistance to fossil fuel projects spreading rapidly around the globe.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Blog Posts (3,359)
- Briefings (20)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (13)
- Factsheets (11)
- Featured (1,166)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (5)
- Key Votes (5)
- News (418)
- Newsletter (24)
- Press Releases (104)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (60)
- Research & Opinions (32)
- Resources (36)
- Separate Oil and State (138)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil aircraft travel Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits Biofuels BP Canada China Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Copenhagen Conference Deepwater Horizon energy policy Energy Security European Union extreme energy Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell tar sands US politics violence