Posts by Steve Kretzmann
- Yesterday Oil Change International launched an exciting new campaign with our friends at the Other 98%. ExxonHatesYourChildren.com is a website, with a provocative TV ad embedded in it. Our intent is to raise money to put the ad on television to draw attention to the over $10 billion in annual subsidies to Big Oil, Gas...
Continue reading 'Exxon Hates Your Children. Satire with a serious message.'.
- Then you better start swimmin’ Or you’ll sink like a stone For the times they are a-changin’. – Bob Dylan After decades of campaign efforts to get the World Bank to stop investing in fossil fuels, it appears that the institution that was for many years the largest source of multilateral public support for the...
Continue reading 'World Bank starts swimmin’, but still might sink'.
- In a development that will shock few, but should be known by more, some of Big Oil’s biggest friends in the Senate weighed in with President Obama last week on the Keystone XL pipeline. The bipartisan group of eighteen Senators sent a letter to the President urging him to approve the project (apparently not caring...
Continue reading 'Big Oil’s Senators Do What They’re Paid To Do'.
- Remember how scared everyone was of Big Oil in this election? Who’s scared now? The top candidate backed by the fossil fuel industry – big oil, gas and coal – just lost the election. The latest data (October 15) from the Center for Responsive Politics, further refined and analyzed by Oil Change International, indicates that...
Continue reading 'Big Oil bet big…and lost.'.
- What if you knew that smoking that one last packet of cigarettes was going to give you cancer? Imagine if our understanding of cancer was so precise as to allow doctors to predict with virtual certainty that smoking that particular pack, which you just picked up at the corner store, would definitely be the last...
Continue reading 'Oil’s new supply boom is a bust for the climate'.
- In the House of Representatives’ final act before its two-month vacation, House Republicans approved 233-175 a pro-coal package on Friday that dismantles or delays an array of public health protections.
- This is a guest post from Phil Mattera, over at the always vital Dirt Digger’s Digest: The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission often behaves like a watchdog with no teeth, but it has just stood up to intense pressure from big business and finally approved two rules that will shine a light on dealings between...
Continue reading 'Extraction and Disclosure'.
- In our second review of progress in meeting this phase out commitment we conclude that the G20 effort is currently failing.
- Members of Congress have taken almost $16 million from the oil, gas and coal industries so far in this 112th Congress. That puts this Congress on track to be the dirtiest ever. The information comes to light as part of the latest update of DirtyEnergyMoney.com, a project of Oil Change International which uniquely refines and...
Continue reading 'Dirty Energy Money pouring into Congress faster than ever before'.
- Earlier today, forty-four Senators introduced legislation to approve the Keystone XL pipeline. This bill would would approve the Keystone XL pipeline despite the Obama Administration’s rejection of its permit following months of intensifying protest against it and numerous studies revealing its vastly inflated economic impact. Our colleagues at Public Campaign and 350.org revealed that those...
Continue reading 'The Best Bill Oil Money Can Buy'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (2)
- Blog Posts (3,716)
- Briefings (42)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (14)
- Factsheets (14)
- Featured (1,521)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (8)
- Key Votes (5)
- Letters (3)
- Methodology (2)
- News (758)
- Newsletter (25)
- Press Releases (204)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (90)
- Research & Opinions (36)
- Resources (72)
- Separate Oil and State (143)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Supplemental Material (1)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Deepwater Horizon Donald Trump energy policy Energy Security extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills pipelines Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell subsidies tar sands US politics violence