Posts by Hannah McKinnon
Losing friends fast: B.C. government officially opposes Kinder Morgan’s tar sands pipeline expansionYesterday the Government of British Columbia announced that it was officially opposing the expansion of the Kinder Morgan TransMountain tar sands pipeline. The province pointed to the company’s failure to provide enough information to satisfy all 5 of the conditions that the government had laid out in order for them to formally support the project...
Continue reading 'Losing friends fast: B.C. government officially opposes Kinder Morgan’s tar sands pipeline expansion'.
- In response to the announced budget deal that would lift the crude oil export ban, Stephen Kretzmann, Executive Director of Oil Change International, released the following statement:
- Negotiators and delegates arriving at the conference centre this morning were greeted by a giant dinosaur, dozens of international youth, and a clear message: Stop Funding Fossils, the Clock Starts Now!
- For Immediate Release For further inquires please contact Stephen Kretzmann Steve@priceofoil.org, +1-202-497-1033 “Sun is Setting” on Tar Sands (Washington D.C.) The Alberta tar sands have become the posterchild of the high carbon future we cannot afford. Over recent years, unprecedented public concern has grown and now stands in the way of all major pipeline proposals...
Continue reading 'Oil Change International Response to Alberta Climate Announcement'.
- Today, ten Nobel Peace Prize Laureates wrote to President Obama to thank him for rejecting the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline. “The decision you have made and the leadership you have shown by rejecting this pipeline marks a critical turning point,” the laureates write. “A dangerous fossil fuel driven future can no longer be considered...
Continue reading 'A Nobel Thank You for Obama'.
- Just a few days ago, Hurricane Patricia became the strongest hurricane ever measured as it made landfall on the western coast of Mexico. It hit as we approach the end of another year that is expected to break last year’s record as the hottest year of recorded temperatures. Climate change is here and now. And...
Continue reading 'Lockdown: the end of growth in the tar sands'.
- The pipelines exporting tar sands out of Alberta are almost full, according to new analysis by Oil Change International. Without major expansion-driving pipelines such as Energy East, Kinder Morgan or Keystone XL, there will be no room for further growth in tar sands extraction and tens of billions of metric tonnes of carbon will be kept in the ground.
- Canadians couldn’t have been much clearer yesterday when they hit the polls in numbers that haven’t been see for decades: The Harper era is history after some ten years of Conservative rule led by outgoing Prime Minister, Stephen Harper. Elected with a decisive majority, Justin Trudeau and the Liberal Party of Canada have been given...
Continue reading 'High stakes – cleaning up after Harper'.
Global Climate Movements Seek Fossil Fuel Company Transparency on Future Viability of Oil, Coal, GasFOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE October 13, 2015 Contact: Hannah McKinnon, hannah [at] priceofoil [dot] org Global Climate Movements Seek Fossil Fuel Company Transparency on Future Viability of Oil, Coal, Gas Heinrich Böll Foundation, Oil Change International, Climate Justice Programme Global reporting standards for extractive industries must include transparency from fossil fuel companies about the future viability of their...
Continue reading 'Global Climate Movements Seek Fossil Fuel Company Transparency on Future Viability of Oil, Coal, Gas'.
- Oil Change International – October, 2015 Oil Change International joins hundreds of organizations worldwide that have written to the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) board calling on global reporting standards for extractive industries to include transparency from fossil fuel companies about the future viability of their oil, coal and gas projects in a warming world. Download the...
Continue reading 'Letter to The Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative calling for climate transparency'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (2)
- Blog Posts (3,816)
- Briefings (45)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (17)
- Factsheets (14)
- Featured (1,626)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (8)
- Key Votes (5)
- Letters (6)
- Methodology (2)
- News (857)
- Newsletter (25)
- Press Releases (227)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (97)
- Research & Opinions (36)
- Resources (82)
- Separate Oil and State (146)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Supplemental Material (1)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Deepwater Horizon Donald Trump energy policy Energy Security extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas greenwashing Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills pipelines Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Safety Shale Gas Shell subsidies tar sands US politics violence