Posts by Adam Scott
- In a hard hitting opinion piece in the Guardian today, Bill McKibben doesn’t mince words when it comes to Canada’s Prime Minister. Everyone seems to love Justin Trudeau. Charismatic, young, and rhetorically committed to a suite of progressive issues – compared to his counterpart to the south, he has a lot going for him. But,...
Continue reading 'Telling it like it is: the numbers behind Justin Trudeau’s climate failure'.
- Today’s step to reduce handouts to oil and gas corporations is undoubtedly positive, but the government should work quickly to release a plan and timeline to phase out Canada’s remaining fossil fuel subsidies.
- Oil majors are dumping Canada’s tar sands assets and investors are walking away from new projects. It’s the latest sign that the massive expansion the industry planned at the start of this decade is quickly falling apart. Canada’s status as one of the highest cost, highest carbon sources of oil is hurting the industry and...
Continue reading 'A fading future for the tar sands'.
- Donald Trump supports almost none of those things Justin Trudeau claims to. So it's a big problem when they actually seem to agree on one issue – building massive new tar sands pipelines like Keystone XL.
- New research released today reveals disturbing new evidence on how locking-into new long-lived tar sands production undermines global efforts to address the global climate crisis far beyond Canada’s borders.
- Climate on the Line: Why new tar sands pipelines are incompatible with the Paris goals January 2017 Oil Change International Download the report here. New analysis finds that Canada will be the world’s second highest contributor of new oil production globally over the next twenty years if action isn’t taken to halt new tar sands...
Continue reading 'Climate on the Line: Why New Tar Sands Pipelines Are Incompatible With the Paris Goals'.
- The Obama and Trudeau announcement of an oil/gas development ban in Arctic/Atlantic waters was huge, but how each country explained it reveals a major rift.
- “This incomplete climate plan is an admission by Prime Minister Trudeau that his dangerous approvals of the Kinder Morgan and Enbridge tar sands pipelines directly undermine Canada’s action on climate."
RELEASE: Oil Change International reacts to approval of Kinder Morgan Trans Mountain Expansion and Enbridge Line 3 projectsBy approving these new pipelines, Prime Minister Trudeau has kicked the legs out from under Canada’s new climate change strategy. Canada has signaled to the world that it will fail to meet its Paris climate commitments.
- Canada does not need new pipelines, in spite of repeated misleading claims by the oil industry. That’s the conclusion of a new Oil Change International (OCI) analysis showing that Canada has ample pipeline Capacity to export all existing and under construction oil production to market from western Canada.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (2)
- Blog Posts (3,680)
- Briefings (40)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (14)
- Factsheets (14)
- Featured (1,487)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (8)
- Key Votes (5)
- Letters (3)
- Methodology (2)
- News (728)
- Newsletter (25)
- Press Releases (197)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (87)
- Research & Opinions (36)
- Resources (70)
- Separate Oil and State (143)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Supplemental Material (1)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Deepwater Horizon Donald Trump energy policy Energy Security extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills pipelines Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell subsidies tar sands US politics violence