Posts by Adam Scott
- A new report exposes the huge financial risks behind three major Canadian tar sands pipeline project proposals: Kinder Morgan’s Trans Mountain Expansion, TransCanada’s Keystone XL and Enbridge’s Line 3 expansion.
- This is an important day in the fight against climate change in Canada. Realizing that Energy East would never would never be allowed if its full climate impact was accounted for, TransCanada has walked away from the project.
- WARNING: Use of this outlook for decision-making may cause sea level rise, flooding, droughts, extreme weather, food shortages and ecosystem collapse. Accepting the conclusions of the latest energy outlook, released this month by the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) means also accepting certain climate catastrophe. As we have noted before, the EIA has made a routine...
Continue reading 'The Hazards of EIA Energy Forecasts'.
- "Canada’s Auditor General revealed today that 8 years after the government promised to phase out fossil subsidies, there is still no game plan to do so," said Oil Change International's Alex Doukas in a statement released today.
- In a hard hitting opinion piece in the Guardian today, Bill McKibben doesn’t mince words when it comes to Canada’s Prime Minister. Everyone seems to love Justin Trudeau. Charismatic, young, and rhetorically committed to a suite of progressive issues – compared to his counterpart to the south, he has a lot going for him. But,...
Continue reading 'Telling it like it is: the numbers behind Justin Trudeau’s climate failure'.
- Today’s step to reduce handouts to oil and gas corporations is undoubtedly positive, but the government should work quickly to release a plan and timeline to phase out Canada’s remaining fossil fuel subsidies.
- Oil majors are dumping Canada’s tar sands assets and investors are walking away from new projects. It’s the latest sign that the massive expansion the industry planned at the start of this decade is quickly falling apart. Canada’s status as one of the highest cost, highest carbon sources of oil is hurting the industry and...
Continue reading 'A fading future for the tar sands'.
- Donald Trump supports almost none of those things Justin Trudeau claims to. So it's a big problem when they actually seem to agree on one issue – building massive new tar sands pipelines like Keystone XL.
- New research released today reveals disturbing new evidence on how locking-into new long-lived tar sands production undermines global efforts to address the global climate crisis far beyond Canada’s borders.
- Climate on the Line: Why new tar sands pipelines are incompatible with the Paris goals January 2017 Oil Change International Download the report here. New analysis finds that Canada will be the world’s second highest contributor of new oil production globally over the next twenty years if action isn’t taken to halt new tar sands...
Continue reading 'Climate on the Line: Why New Tar Sands Pipelines Are Incompatible With the Paris Goals'.
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (2)
- Blog Posts (3,761)
- Briefings (43)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (16)
- Factsheets (14)
- Featured (1,566)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (8)
- Key Votes (5)
- Letters (5)
- Methodology (2)
- News (801)
- Newsletter (25)
- Press Releases (215)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (93)
- Research & Opinions (36)
- Resources (77)
- Separate Oil and State (145)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Supplemental Material (1)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Deepwater Horizon Donald Trump energy policy Energy Security extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills pipelines Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell subsidies tar sands US politics violence