Results for "petcoke"
- New Infographic! There are many reasons that the Keystone XL pipeline will clearly exacerbate the problem of climate pollution...but one that is often overlooked at our peril is the problem of petroleum coke (aka "petcoke").
petcoke pile helps a struggling coal plant stay in business…more to come?">Detroit’s petcoke pile helps a struggling coal plant stay in business…more to come?The story of the Detroit petcoke pile should give the Obama administration some serious pause as they consider the Keystone XL decision.
- A member of the Canadian Parliament has said he wants an investigation into a three-story mound of petcoke piling up near the Marathon refinery along the Detroit River.
- Our new report, “Petroleum Coke: the Coal Hiding in the Tar Sands” has been making waves across the media landscape. Below is a sampling of the coverage this report has received in January 2013. Online/print media: Washington Post, As State Department nears completion of Keystone XL review, both sides dig in, January 17, 2013 ...
Continue reading 'Petcoke in the news'.
- If there's a statistical correlation between dirty oil and dirty politics, we have yet to quantify it – but here's another story for the pile of anecdotal evidence.
- As we await the photo-op of Keystone XL approval from the Trump Administration, here's a compilation of a few of our "best hits" for why Keystone XL must not be built.
- IHS published today a predictable and hollow attempt to rebut much of our work on Keystone XL’s links to markets beyond North America and the ability of rail to replace the pipeline.
- From tar sands refinery subsidies in Whiting, Indiana and cash-strapped Detroit to petcoke covering the neighborhoods of Southeast Chicago, this subsidy spotlight explores the human impact of government subsidies gone haywire.
- As we release our North American crude-by-rail online map and report, it is worth taking a look at one of the most repeated false claims that the oil industry and its supporters make about crude-by-rail. A major talking point for pipeline proponents is the assertion that crude-by-rail is growing simply because pipeline projects are being...
Continue reading 'Pipelines vs. Rail: A False Choice'.
- Refineries that may be supplied by Keystone XL continue to increase exports. Gulf Coast refined product exports have grown 172% since 2008.