Posts in November 2012
- Later today as part of Obama’s “All of the Above” energy strategy, the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management will hold an oil and gas lease sale that will make more than 20 million offshore acres available to oil and gas drilling.
- Stealth lobby group ALEC is teaming up with our old-friends, the climate denial-machine, the Heartland Institute to write laws that repeal state-level renewable energy targets.
- It is always difficult writing something positive about the UN climate change talks. So will the latest round of climate talks at Doha be any different?
- Instead of actually decreasing, the gap between the reduction in carbon dioxide that governments have committed to and the cuts that scientists say are necessary has widened.
- The fourth annual Canada-EU Energy Summit was held yesterday in London at Canada House in London. The event was disrupted by protestors angered at Canada’s aggressive lobbying to undermine European legislation.
- Then you better start swimmin’ Or you’ll sink like a stone For the times they are a-changin’. – Bob Dylan After decades of campaign efforts to get the World Bank to stop investing in fossil fuels, it appears that the institution that was for many years the largest source of multilateral public support for the...
Continue reading 'World Bank starts swimmin’, but still might sink'.
- Over 3,000 people marched around the White House yesterday with a simple message for President Obama: Say no once and for all to the KXL.
- In a development that will shock few, but should be known by more, some of Big Oil’s biggest friends in the Senate weighed in with President Obama last week on the Keystone XL pipeline. The bipartisan group of eighteen Senators sent a letter to the President urging him to approve the project (apparently not caring...
Continue reading 'Big Oil’s Senators Do What They’re Paid To Do'.
- The United States of America has finally acquired the vast territory of Canada and its massive fossil fuel resources. The acquisition appears to have been made via an episode of collective wishful thinking and misinformation, triggered by an optimistic report discussing American oil production issued by the International Energy Agency. Okay, back to the real...
Continue reading 'It’s Official: Canada is the 51st State!'.
- Further evidence is emerging of the lethal toxic legacy of the tar sands (forgetting for a moment the CO2).
Archive by Month
Archive by Category
- Black Lives Matter (2)
- Blog Posts (3,700)
- Briefings (42)
- Data Trends (8)
- Energy Activism (14)
- Factsheets (14)
- Featured (1,506)
- Industry Analysis (17)
- Industry Updates (16)
- Infographics (8)
- Key Votes (5)
- Letters (3)
- Methodology (2)
- News (745)
- Newsletter (25)
- Press Releases (202)
- Refinery Report (5)
- Reports (88)
- Research & Opinions (36)
- Resources (70)
- Separate Oil and State (143)
- Subsidy Spotlight (7)
- Supplemental Material (1)
- Websites (5)
Archive by Tags
African Oil Alternative energy Arctic oil Big Oil Profits BP Canada China climate Climate Change climate change impacts climate sceptics Coal Deepwater Horizon Donald Trump energy policy Energy Security extreme energy fossil fuel subsidies Fracking Gas Gulf of Mexico impact on wildlife indigenous rights Iraq Keystone XL Offshore offshore drilling Oil oil industry outlook Oil Price oil sands oil spills pipelines Politics Pollution protests Public Relations Russian oil Safety Shale Gas Shell subsidies tar sands US politics violence